Curious about 980 Ti SLI Temps.

I have 2 980 Ti's in the same case. I'm using reference SC cards and getting temps around 80-83 at load at 1440p. The only way you will get low temps is with a STRIX card or something like that with serious aftermarket cooling.

what fan speeds? My case has so much airflow that taking the side panel off impedes it but you have me curious since those are just reference cards.

vDPtRZj.jpg

My fan curve. Basically i have it set to ramp up to 70% at 70C, then 90% at 80C.

BTW: this is with custom bios and oc, 1.2v per card and 1440 boost speeds, 1290 base clock, 350W power limit from 275W stock.

At stock speeds with stock bios they only go up to like 64-60 or something like that. Not much stress there.

I only have 1x140mm, 1x120mm intakes, 1x120mm exhaust.

not bad. I expect you may hit 85-86c with the side panel on.

I have 3 front intakes (120mm ap-15) that flow air right over the gpus.
2 top intakes (140mm)
1 140mm exhaust
and 1 140mm side panel high speed intake fan

Yes, i guess i will. When i had only one it would reach 80C with the case closed, 82 max.

As long as i am below 88 I am fine with it :)

Nice airflow you have in there, you could even go for non-reference cards i think. Your setup should move the hot air they will disperse inside there. Myself, i would've been killed going for non-reference cards, turn my CPU toasty.

yeah, my SLI 970s are non-reference (msi 4g gaming ones)

I usually go non - reference because id rather have lower gpu temps vs cpu temps, I only oc my 3770k to 4.5ghz anyway

Back