This Video Shows You What NOT To Do With Fireworks

1:30 So if a child is completely devoid of all nerve functions and doesn't flinch away when a sparkler that is burning at over 2000 degrees F touches them do note that there is a danger that some of their clothes might burn away.

Oh and that video sucked, let the guy who shoots iPhones do it, he'll hit it with the high speed camera to get super cool slow mo effects!

Not a very high quality video, but simple and effective. As someone who used to look after my local fire brigade and later worked at a hospital, I can attest to the dangers of fireworks.

that was source material intended to be edited into complete pieces by local media

lol, 3:48 blow the roof off the mother sucker

why not carpet bomb ISIS with the M-1000, it'll be cheaper then using conventional ones

So remember kids, don't zip line a bottle rocket to your friend's eye.

And now I am tempted to blow up my hand to see if it is filled with mustard.....

All this video shows us is that dummies should be kept away from fireworks.

Wait, so you're NOT supposed to stick the tail end of a bottle rocket in your butt? How else can you aim it?

nothing is more patriotic than buying cheap chinese goods then using them to burn fields, property and cause bodily harm.

I though they where trying tell us to keep mannequins away from fireworks (or maybe people with the IQ of a mannequin)

The good news is that once the inexperienced consumer does that with a professional firework, they never do it again :)

When we lost fingers, or a hand, to an M-80 it just meant we had a cool story for when we went back to school. Kids today with 10 fingers never had real fun.

didnt know an m80 was that powerful

From Wikipedia:

"Numerous injuries accompanied M-80 use during the 1950s and 1960s, and still occur, as M-80s are still produced and sold. Despite instructions to only ignite the product on the ground (many M-80s even have the words "do not hold in hand" written on the tube[1]), many users attempt to light an M-80 while holding it, intending to throw it before it explodes. Others attempt to relight a device that went out. Due to their illicit nature, M-80s may also contain unstable compositions, such as picric acid, nitroglycerin or chlorate/sulfur mixtures, which adds to the possibility of injury. There have been documented cases of users losing their fingers or hands."

Not a very high quality video, but simple and effective. As someone who used to look after my local fire brigade and later worked at a hospital, I can attest to the dangers of fireworks.
And how about the dangers of power tools? How many people ended up in the ER due to negligence with a dangerous tool (just about all of them) that they didn't have proper training with? Yet Home Depot isn't in any danger of shutting down selling tool after tool to anyone who could fork down the money.

Which is pretty much everyone when it comes to fireworks. Sorry but, people are not taught common sense anymore and to always blame others when something happens to them. What do you expect?

Which is pretty much everyone when it comes to fireworks. Sorry but, people are not taught common sense anymore and to always blame others when something happens to them. What do you expect?

And when someone tries to teach basic safety procedures or demonstrates the destructive potential of a product it's called "fearmongering". No one should use an obviously dangerous product without basic safety training or understanding of what it can truly do.

And when someone tries to teach basic safety procedures or demonstrates the destructive potential of a product it's called "fearmongering". No one should use an obviously dangerous product without basic safety training or understanding of what it can truly do.

How about you worry about yourself and leave everyone else alone?

How about you worry about yourself and leave everyone else alone?

So stupidity with fireworks can only effect those using them? What ever happened to the concept of freedom AND responsibility? I love fireworks but when I use them it's my reasonability to have some basic understanding of how to use them safely and the potential dangers involved. The common sense of responsibility of far too many these days is deemed the reasoning of a "libtard".

Proper training? If you can read the label you have proper training. Place on ground. Light fuse. Get away fast. (Hemingway would be proud.) Yes, the labels actually say get away fast.

M-80s can blow up your hand, yep..and so can a weak ass Blackcat firecracker if you close your hand around it.

People also still stick their hands into operating machinery like blenders and lawn mowers. Maybe we should all be required to take $1000 classes before we are qualified to blend up a Bacardi Mixer.

Ah I remember when M80's where real M80s. Oh and there is a difference between cherry bombs, M80, 1/4 sticks/pine apples......

Remember when salutes had wax ends and where twice as loud/powerful?

People also still stick their hands into operating machinery like blenders and lawn mowers. Maybe we should all be required to take $1000 classes before we are qualified to blend up a Bacardi Mixer.

Not sure how this is a point against the free info provided by this video.

From Wikipedia:

"Numerous injuries accompanied M-80 use during the 1950s and 1960s, and still occur, as M-80s are still produced and sold. Despite instructions to only ignite the product on the ground (many M-80s even have the words "do not hold in hand" written on the tube[1]), many users attempt to light an M-80 while holding it, intending to throw it before it explodes. Others attempt to relight a device that went out. Due to their illicit nature, M-80s may also contain unstable compositions, such as picric acid, nitroglycerin or chlorate/sulfur mixtures, which adds to the possibility of injury. There have been documented cases of users losing their fingers or hands."

Yeah. Only idiots hold explosives like that. If your going to chuck it, know what the heck you are doing! i'd personally use a sling or some sort of arm length chucking device to get some good air and to make sure it doesn't explode near me.

The bottle rocket demo is horrifying but the odds of it hitting you RIGHT in the eye, perfectly is incredibly slim. Had a friend YEARS AGO fire bottle rockets at each other, it was fun, it was nearly impossible to actually hit the other person.

Yeah. Only idiots hold explosives like that. If your going to chuck it, know what the heck you are doing! i'd personally use a sling or some sort of arm length chucking device to get some good air and to make sure it doesn't explode near me.

The bottle rocket demo is horrifying but the odds of it hitting you RIGHT in the eye, perfectly is incredibly slim. Had a friend YEARS AGO fire bottle rockets at each other, it was fun, it was nearly impossible to actually hit the other person.

The problem is lots of other "pairs of friends" also tried to have fun doing that. Some actually succeeded in hitting each other. The medical costs and permanent damaged caused by a successful fuck-up is not trivial. It isn't going to a doctor the following weekday....it is years of pain and debt.

If this video even saved a handful of people from having a really bad day, it was a cheap video.

The people too dumb to use fireworks are all in this thread, listen to yourselves. You think a safety video about not blowing your hands off is dumb and you're too smart for it? OK, how about the guy a few posts above me talking about the right way to light off fireworks in your hand. And the guy above him saying qualifications are dumb and if you can read a label, that's all the qualification you need because it tells you not to light it your hand.

You two are the exact reason that safety video exists. You know the warning label exists, but are sure that it isn't meant for you, only stupid people. You are too dumb to know that you are dumb, the most dangerous threat to humanity's future. To person #1: you don't hold that shit in your hand to begin with because not all fuses burn the same, duds, etc. Dumbass #2, yes we do need safety videos because dumbass #1 proved that no one these days has any reading comprehension or common sense.

wait...was this video made for comedic purposes?

I wish. There are people in this world that really do need instructions on a bottle of shampoo, and videos telling them to be careful with explosives and fire, and to not stick fingers and toes under running lawnmowers.

I think if I ever was injured by a firework I'd just have to heal up as-is or die, I'd be way too embarrassed to actually go to a medic. And not just for myself, for my parents, my spouse, my dog, friends, etc..

Back