Question about using an ASUS X99-A motherboard with an Intel 750 SSD

I am building a new PC for a buddy with a max budget of $4000. I don't want to waste his money on a more expensive motherboard with features that he won't need such as Wifi and tons of extra SATA ports or a 2nd M.2 slot. I am thinking about using the ASUS X99-A motherboard since it seems to have everything he needs and is fairly inexpensive. His main use will be video editing and gaming so I thought that lots of memory, a 6 core CPU, and a super fast SSD would be the best for his type of workload.

I have a few questions:

1. Is the new Intel 750 400GB PCI-E SSD compatible with this motherboard? I plan to make it the primary boot drive and just use a 4TB Western Digital black series for storage. Will Windows 7 64bit boot from this SSD with this motherboard properly? I'm assuming it will but I just want to make sure. Up until now I have always used standard Samsung 840/850 2.5" SSD drives.

2. I plan to install a Geforce 980 TI in PCI-E slot 1, what PCI-E slot should I install the Intel SSD drive into for maximum performance?

3. Would there be any performance advantage going to a higher model X99 board? If so which board do you recommend? I generally always buy ASUS boards but I am open to suggestions. Since I'm using the GTX 980 TI at PCI-E 3.0 x16 and the Intel drive is PCI-E 3.0 x4 do I need a more expensive motherboard to accommodate this bandwidth? He does plan on possibly adding a 2nd GTX 980 TI in the future.

Here is the parts list that we have picked so far, if you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks in advance! :D

Also even though this is my first post on these forums, I have been a long time visitor to HardOCP and these forums. Just never posted before.

Intel 5930K 6 Core CPU
Asus X99-A
32GB G-Skill DDR4 2400
Intel 400GB 750 series PCI-E SSD with NVME
Western Digital Black 4tb HDD
Corsair H110i GTX (not released quite yet) with 4 Corsair AF120 140mm fans push/pull
Corsair Ax1500i (overkill I know but still awesome)
Caselabs STH10 case

Here is the SSD that we plan to use:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...167300&cm_re=intel_750-_-20-167-300-_-Product

4K is a lot to work with.

Are some other older server chips out there will do video editing well for cheap.

But maybe not what he's looking for.

Unless there are plans for tripple sli videocards, you could drop down to a 5820k, still get 6 cores and save 200$

Back