Mad Max Vehicle Gameplay Video

Looks pretty sweet, although I fear if there is a lot of driving that a keyboard will leave much to be desired. Yet I don't want to be doing FPS shooter part with a 360 controller... hmmm. They didn't mention anything about fuel, which was such a huge deal in the franchise, at least the old ones where it was important to syphon off of others and Max's two greatest concerns were fuel for his car and water for himself in bartering. To make it more "survivalist" rather than mission oriented, a fuel and hydration gauge I think would have been nice. I AM impressed that they allowed Mad Max to drive a vehicle and shoot a gun all by himself, although I assume I missed the starting cutscene where he asks m'lady for permission first while cowering in the passenger seat after she rescues him in order to stay with cannon of the latest film. Almost makes it seem like he's not just a sidekick character. ;)

Hopefully driving will be similar borderlands. W + mouse.

I want to be able to spray my mouth chrome and commit suicide in a totally brutal way.

Looks pretty sweet, although I fear if there is a lot of driving that a keyboard will leave much to be desired. Yet I don't want to be doing FPS shooter part with a 360 controller... hmmm. They didn't mention anything about fuel, which was such a huge deal in the franchise, at least the old ones where it was important to syphon off of others and Max's two greatest concerns were fuel for his car and water for himself in bartering. To make it more "survivalist" rather than mission oriented, a fuel and hydration gauge I think would have been nice. I AM impressed that they allowed Mad Max to drive a vehicle and shoot a gun all by himself, although I assume I missed the starting cutscene where he asks m'lady for permission first while cowering in the passenger seat after she rescues him in order to stay with cannon of the latest film. Almost makes it seem like he's not just a sidekick character. ;)

According to the devs fuel will be needed for most of the main guns on the vehicle but for just driving around it drains really slowly as to not distract from gameplay. They say if you're just doing the main story you will probably fill up once or twice throughout the entire game. Also there is a hydration/hunger gauge, Max needs to find food and water or he will die from exposure. Certain areas of the desert also drain his vital stats much faster especially if he's out of the map borders or caught in a storm.

Combination of Twisted Metal + Carmageddon?

Ah...brings back good memories.

That looks like wayy too much fun! :cool: Will the PC version come out right away or will we have to wait 3 millennia like with GTA V?

Back