Foxconn's CEO Backpedals On Robot Takeover At Factories

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have a hard time believing this guy's excuse that the "media misquoted him" when he had six months to refute the original stories.

Back in February, CEO Terry Gou said he expected the automation to account for 70 percent of his company’s assembly line work in three years. But on Thursday, Gou backtracked from those statements, claiming that media reports had misquoted him.

1 - Foxconn replaces workers with robots.
2 - Conditions in factories are so horrible robots start self-destructing.
3 - Robots revolt.
4 - We're all gonna die!

Sounds like they are just automating some of the work. However, it's just a matter of time before manufacturing gets fully automated. I suspect china is going to have a hard time in the next 10-20years because of this.

Maybe manufacturing will come back to the states when it's all automated. Then at least we'll have the jobs maintaining the robots here.

I would not be surprised if unskilled labor/work is nonexistent or at least extremely minimal in 20-30 years. Going to provide for some interesting events over the next few decades. Get your engineering or medical degrees kiddos.

Get your engineering or medical degrees kiddos.

Then you have a generation of unemployed medico and engineer degree holders who can't get work in their profession because there isn't enough work in either field for the number of degree holders pumped out annually.

The medical profession ofc "helps" with this by automatically kicking out and failing students with board exams to keep demand/supply in check.

Data analysis will become the new primary work for the middle class
Learn databases, statistics and coding if you want to be safe

I am actually very surprised that he has lasted this long in China as he did, if it was anyone else he probably would have been ousted and replaced by a Chinese chairman (He is Taiwanese).

That being said, I am not very fond of the guy.

Back