More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG On Possible Refunds

HardOCP News

[H] News
The drama surrounding the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight continues to unfold. The good news (if you can call it that) is that Green Man Gaming says it will offer refunds...but only if you are still experiencing problems after the PC patch has been issued.

On a related note, the GMG & Playfire Community Blog has word from Green Man Gaming that they will offer refunds for Batman: Arkham Knight if "you still cannot play your game" after the release of the patch meant to address the PC issues that have some customers asking for their money back.

On a related note, Steam is now offering refunds on games (within the rules it spells out)

Wow, that is really surprising. Never seen a game that broken on launch that it actually made providers offer refunds. Even Assasins creed wasn't that bad, and a chunk of the textures were broken on release.

Haven't seen this bad of a launch since simcity 4.... I guess i'm one of the few people w/o any issues. I mean I had to modify an ini to get better framerate but game runs fine on my titan-x. Graphics are good but nothing stellar. Maybe i'm missing something or just not as picky as everybody else?

What settings did you adjust? I turned off a lot of the motion blur but the game still runs like ass on my Titan X granted I have everything turned on except for AA.

I turned on everything to max. I'm also running @ 3440x1440, and not 4k though.

I have a 4790k, 32GB ram, titan-x, running windows 7 64bit, on a samsung 850 evo ssd. My titan-x also has a +200core + 400mem overclock on it.

Only thing I can possibly think of is maybe the game is a memory hog? I haven't checked anything though. It runs smooth as butter on my system. I just think the character models look like shit compared to witcher3... City looks fine. I haven't nitpicked any of the graphics beyond that. I also didn't have a frame rate monitor running. However as stated it was running smooth. I was driving all over the place w/ the batmobile and gliding/grappling all over the place.

Ok, I fired up my gaming rig to get exact settings. I didn't tweek anything other than the max framerate in the ini file to 9999. Everything else I set to max allowable in the gui/game itself.

resolution = 3440x1440
v-sync = on
aa = on
texture res = normal
shadow quality = high
lod = high
interactive smoke/fog = on
interactive paper debris = on
enhanced rain = on
ehnanced light shafts = on

I don't think the textures look very good on closer inspection but it didn't allow anything above normal texture resolution.. I also drove around a little bit and flew some. Framerates were always at 60 with the very rare occassional drop into mid/high 50s. I consider that pretty damn smooth, but maybe I'm alone on that?

We're running very similar rigs but I'm currently not overclocking my Titan at all. I was just doing a little tweaking I modified my ini fine to show the following

MotionBlurSkinning=0
MaxFPS=60.000000
MobilePostProcessBlurAmount=0.0

I turned shadows down to normal everything else is turned on or set to the highest setting in the menus and I am getting pretty good performance. I'm not getting a solid 60 the whole time it usually hovers in the mid 50's and I still get some choppiness in heavy batmobile action but I can deal with it. I'm running it at 1440P on a Acer XB270HU with Gsync enabled.

Haven't seen this bad of a launch since simcity 4.... I guess i'm one of the few people w/o any issues. I mean I had to modify an ini to get better framerate but game runs fine on my titan-x. Graphics are good but nothing stellar. Maybe i'm missing something or just not as picky as everybody else?

Ironic, it runs fine on your $1000 video card and you aren't being picky?

cad-20150624-b9baa.png

To add insult to injury, it's been reported that there are many missing effects that are present in the PS4 version. Well played, WB.

What ever happened to testing games before release? This bullshit needs to stop.

What ever happened to testing games before release? This bullshit needs to stop.

Too many apologists on the internet propping up these corporations. Instead of raising their voices to condemn the practice they fanboy their favorite game until the bitter end. As long as a publisher receives positive feedback from consumers; they know their business practices are right and need to be expanded upon. Everyone with a sticker on the side of the box art needs to be told that consumers don't appreciate broken games. That's how you make a change in the industry. Sitting quiet is how you get spoon fed more poo from corporations.

With that said, I bet someone hops in and defends the game by saying that it was all the relatively unknown port team's fault and pretend that RockSteady, Warner Brothers, and Nvidia were completely out of the loop and didn't know about the issues. :)

Is this the last game of the Arkham series? if so its a sad goodbye of a (except this one) pretty good series.

Nvidia has stepped up to the plate and is going to help Warner Brothers directly with Q&A team plus engineers to fix the game. Congrats to them for doing the right thing! And even more props to the Steam community for voting "No" to bad games with a Mostly Negative rating for the game. That's how you make your voice heard! 9,132 votes and 68% are negative says a lot about the game!
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-25-warner-suspends-batman-arkham-knight-pc-sales

UPDATE 25TH JUNE 12.00PM: Graphics card maker Nvidia is being rather nice and working with Warner to resolve Batman: Arkham Knight issues on PC.

"We are working with WB Games and the development teams to address the performance issues of the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight," a spokesperson told us. "We have made our QA and engineering resources available and will provide updates when they are available."

These are not Nvidia graphics card-specific issues, the spokesperson added, but PC-specific issues.

Nvidia has stepped up to the plate and is going to help Warner Brothers directly with Q&A team plus engineers to fix the game. Congrats to them for doing the right thing! And even more props to the Steam community for voting "No" to bad games with a Mostly Negative rating for the game. That's how you make your voice heard! 9,132 votes and 68% are negative says a lot about the game!
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-25-warner-suspends-batman-arkham-knight-pc-sales

UPDATE 25TH JUNE 12.00PM: Graphics card maker Nvidia is being rather nice and working with Warner to resolve Batman: Arkham Knight issues on PC.

"We are working with WB Games and the development teams to address the performance issues of the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight," a spokesperson told us. "We have made our QA and engineering resources available and will provide updates when they are available."

These are not Nvidia graphics card-specific issues, the spokesperson added, but PC-specific issues.

Well it is a Gameworks game so Nvidia isn't totally blame free on this one.

They really need to call it Gamenoworks... seriously people, just stop buying Gameworks games. They universally create problems for the industry, and most of the time contain banana peels to trip up AMD so NVidia's cards don't seem so overpriced.

Saw some youtube videos of it. I didn't buy it after seeing that. I wonder if they will release after they fix all that stuff. But the damage is done. They company would probably massively discount this game and write it off as a loss.

They really need to call it Gamenoworks... seriously people, just stop buying Gameworks games. They universally create problems for the industry, and most of the time contain banana peels to trip up AMD so NVidia's cards don't seem so overpriced.

QFT. When I see a Gameworks title I now associate it with cheap ports or lazy developers. Bad for gamers, bad for future of industry, good for quick money grab schemes.

QFT. When I see a Gameworks title I now associate it with cheap ports or lazy developers. Bad for gamers, bad for future of industry, good for quick money grab schemes.
Unfortunately this is the way I feel about Gameworks now. I certainly don't think it's the boogeyman people make it out to be, but it always seems like Gameworks is used in cheap ports in order to add some pretty graphic effects for PC without having to put the effort in for creating them yourselves. As a result we get poor integration into an engine that wasn't designed to handle them in the first place and the result is shitty performance for everyone.

To be fair, the GAME is great, and Rocksteady did a great job with the game (PS4/XB1 versions - they built the game, assets, etc directly on those machines)... the shitty parts, and blame, should lie with Iron Galaxy (who ALWAYS makes shitty ports) and WB for using them and allowing it to be released this way.

FUCK publishers, and FUCK Iron Galaxy! It'll be so nice when publishers are pretty much completely out of the picture, which is already happening, just not fast enough...

Back