Microsoft Launches Office For Android Smartphones

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft released Office for Android earlier today. Any takers?

Today I’m pleased to announce the general availability of the new Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps for Android phone. These join our previously released Office apps for Android tablets to complete the Office experience for the millions of Android users around the world. Download Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your Android phone today to get started.

Android is the Windows of Mobile so this actually makes sense.

I've been using this for 6 months now as well. I don't get why they are announcing this again?

Been using it on Android too, I should say "had" used it. Its freakin terrible on the supported Android devices.

Question: Why?

There's many office apps that have been around for a long while now..

It's a miracle didn't know about this. All the free and paid office type apps on the Play market fucking sucks.

I had nothing but trouble getting office to work on my android tablet. constant FCs when I try to open .doc files that worked fine on other office programs.

Been using the Office "suite" for Android for a long time. More than a year. I don't really need the individual versions of those apps since the basic package one works fine on a phone. I have a feeling these are more for tablet users.

Been using the Office "suite" for Android for a long time. More than a year. I don't really need the individual versions of those apps since the basic package one works fine on a phone. I have a feeling these are more for tablet users.

The office suite before required Office 365 subscription afaik. And MS released the tablet version of these apps a month or two ago. These ones are for phone and do not require an Office 365 sub (at least for me)

Back