F.B.I. Investigating Cardinals For Hacking Astros’ Network

HardOCP News

[H] News
Seriously?

The F.B.I. and Justice Department prosecutors are investigating whether front-office officials for the St. Louis Cardinals, one of the most successful teams in baseball over the past two decades, hacked into internal networks of a rival team to steal closely guarded information about player personnel.

My grandmother said "all these sports are no fun to watch. Every move they need to play back the tape and look to see if it was a correct play".

It is no longer a sport anymore.

My grandmother said "all these sports are no fun to watch. Every move they need to play back the tape and look to see if it was a correct play".

It is no longer a sport anymore.

oh come on

I was very leery of the introduction of the instant replay, but even I have to admit that the way it is implemented it is not messing up baseball, you usually get 2 or 3 challenges in a whole game

This is very disappointing news if true. I am not a Cardinals fan, but I have a lot of respect for their organization and its accomplishments. They consistently field a competitive team and were on my short list of organizations that should be looked up to in the sports world.

oh come on

I was very leery of the introduction of the instant replay, but even I have to admit that the way it is implemented it is not messing up baseball, you usually get 2 or 3 challenges in a whole game

I don't mind it either. What I hate are the players that jump up after getting thrown out and start pointing and yelling to their manager to review it. Then they stand there at the base waiting. How is that not considered "showing up" the umpire? I though umpires hate it when players do that.

I don't mind it either. What I hate are the players that jump up after getting thrown out and start pointing and yelling to their manager to review it. Then they stand there at the base waiting. How is that not considered "showing up" the umpire? I though umpires hate it when players do that.

I enjoy my baseball on AM radio, so I'm a bit insulated from that, I suppose that would be annoying.

This has nothing to do with the team, its front office antics and some dummy, probably a software dev, went home and tried snooping around and has been caught. I would be incredibly surprised if the GM knew about it or if it was providing an advantage somehow...though the Astros are no longer in the same league as the Cardinals so I doubt it was doing that.

We had a comical saying in Architecture school:

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."

Back