Twitter Now Using Autoplay Videos

HardOCP News

[H] News
Crap like this is just one of the many reasons that Twitter is having so many problems lately. It's laughable how the company is trying to make it sound like this is something you want.

Today, it’s become even easier to enjoy video on Twitter. Now native videos, Vines and GIFs will begin to play back automatically. So you can keep up with the action without missing a Tweet and get a better sense of what’s been shared instantly.

This is a prime example of why one should use adblock and noscript. The days of unlimited data usage are gone!

Not only will this hog resources/batterylife of less powerful phones, but it's also freakin' annoying. If I'm scrolling, I don't want 3 videos to start playing simultaneously! That's one of the many reasons I turned this off in my FB profile! This doesn't even bring into account the ever-important data usage.

On the other hand, I don't use Twitter.

Once a company falls to the whims of advertisers they are on their last leg. Twitter was cool before instagram/youtube became acceptable fronts for talking about yourself every 10 minutes. It's like the blackberry version of communication before rich email became standard. All text and no frills because who needs more than 140 characters right? Well people dont mind streaming selfie vids and looking at pictures with captions anymore so Twitter has no reason to exist.

They are a publically traded company, now. They have to answer to their shareholders.

Another reason I'm glad I never bothered with twitter or any of the other social media fads.

I find twitter to be kind of dumb, so I don't use it at all, but if I did, I have flashblock plugins in all my browsers.

Noscript can be used for HTML5 stuff.

Back