DOOM E3 2015 Gameplay Trailer

It's the doom game people seem to want. It didn't get my blood flowing at all. I completely missed doom 3 and I don't feel bad about it at all.

Doesn't look like it has the tight controls of the earlier games what with all the 1st person animation sequences, but otherwise looks exactly like what it should be.

That looks awesome to me and bout damn time. Fallout 4, doom and half life 3 confirmed!!!!

;):D

Like a fast-paced dead space with more enemies, I could play this

way better than the last doom --

if it's fast, crazy, and keeps in line with the spirit of the original... they can have my money.

Nobody gives a shit about the story... i want action, monsters, puzzles, and just crazy shit. Make it hard, make me have to work to survive.

Looks like Bulletstorm but it does look good. Will keep an open mind about it. Hopefully Bethy and id can make it fun again.

Reminds me of Doom 3 with more blood and gore :)

Finally another first person shooter I WANT to play. :cool:

I hope there is a way to keybind the weapons so I don't have to use that wheel interface all the time.

Reminded me of the intro to Quake 3 Arena, where Sarge was getting rushed by the horde and dropped his cigar and everything went into slomo and he proceeded to kick much ass.

Keeping up traditions with 2004's Doom 3 of fighting five enemies at most simultaneously and lacking impact and feel in the gunplay :(

Needs more gore.... I think it will hold me over well, until Unreal 4 comes out.

Bob: *nudges Fred* Hey Fred, I think I just saw the dead Doom franchise horse twitch.

Fred: No kidding? Grab a stick. Let's see if we can flog a few more dollars out of it.

Bob: Oh yeah! This could be just like the Disney Star Wars release!

Needs more gore.... I think it will hold me over well, until Unreal 4 comes out.
Do you mean an Unreal Tournament 4 (which they are currently developing), or an Unreal 3? Last Unreal game we got was Unreal II, and I sure could use a new Unreal game. But I am eagerly looking forward to UT4. I've played a few early builds of the development version that they release to the public.

As for Doom 4, too early to say anything. Let's see how the final game turns out. But it would really be damn nice if it turned out to be more like Doom 1 and a hell of a lot less like Doom 3.

Looks good! Kinda Halo at the start, but not for the rest :)

You mean Halo looks like Doom. Since Sarge obviously inspired Master Chief. :D

Looks solid! Hoping for really good Deathmatch

SHOTGUNZ................

Hell yes............good old fashioned run,gun,shoot stuff, full load-out,BFG kinda shit.

E3 gameplay demonstration last night was pretty good.

I'm in.

That looks a little more like the "doom" i remember. However i know how nostalgic it is and the feel of the original doom series could never be recreated.

Doom 3 seemed more of a horror-thriller game to me with a vague Doom story line. I wasnt a fan of the whole shadows & monsters gameplay. It just didnt seem like the original series at all.. Granted, i never did finish the game. I just couldn't stay interested in it long enough.

This remake seems to actually have lighted areas, some of the old environments we have seen from the older dooms.. the monsters.. well, im sure the originals wont look the same (nor would we want them too) and im sure there will be a lot of additional demons and hellspawn to devour..

But on that point, it also seems to be taking the latest trend of 'super-human robot assisted' gameplay (crysis, CoD advanced warfare, Titanfall..etc) into play. Dont get me wrong, its not bad.. But I always liked the original Doom because it was just one unlucky space marine trapped on mars against the armies of Hell.. and somehow he made it through.

Regardless.. Im excited for anything related to Doom.. I just hope it actually delivers. Doom is and probably was the origin for all of us as far as 3d-shooters (apart from a few others) and it definitely birthed the whole beginning of deathmatch.. Really excited to see how this title plays out!

Got the distinct "Where have I seen that before?" feeling from this trailer. id software never seems to be able to grow beyond its roots. I'll pass.

Looks like the developers were inspired by Brutal Doom. This looks pretty boring, to be honest, but I'll withold judgement. I think the game just looked slow because of the things they wanted to show off during the demo. I'm just afraid the game is going to play really slow to accomodate controller users on the consoles. That and the arena-style gameplay is disappointing. Also no word on any coop options for the campaign. Only for the gimmicky "Snapmap" feature they were hyping...

Why in the hell is world-building a thing, now?

Thanks, Minecraft...
Looks good! Kinda Halo at the start, but not for the rest :)
I really don't understand why people keep saying this. The helmet the PC puts on looks exactly like the helmet from the promotional and cover art of the original Doom for Doomguy. It should be the other way around.

Looks really good, judging by the trailer it looks like its fast paced and back to it's old original FPS shooter style games, don't want a shitty linear FPS which is overdone today.

But on that point, it also seems to be taking the latest trend of 'super-human robot assisted' gameplay (crysis, CoD advanced warfare, Titanfall..etc) into play.

With all the stomping, grabbing, gun melee, it reminded me of Duke Nukem, with a few Deus Ex Rev moves.

Looks pretty cool though, will keep my eye on this for sure.

I think it looked sweet, except that last shot of the monster screaming... ugh, they did that same shot in doom 3 and rage trailers... yes, we see the big monster screaming. it's not and never was scary or interesting :p

I love the level of gore but you really can't have too much of that. Also needs more baddies on screen. Like Assassin's Creed Unity level of characters to mow down :D

Bring back more of the fantasy elements of the first 2 games and get us some fun clever puzzles and I think they'll do well with this. Please don't go all Crysis with the helmet/suit.

That's all.

I am a person who considers Doom 3 criminally underrated. Yes you absolutely needed the duct-tape mod to make the game enjoyable but after that the game is really atmospheric and good in its own right.
Anyway, the trailer is looking great! Unsure how the QTE:ish first person animations fit the fast gameplay (seems like they might break the flow of combat) but its certainly fast paced like original Doom and should satisfy the people who expected this from Doom 3.

Though I do have to mention that I do NOT like the design of the (presumably) Cyberdemon at the end of the trailer. It looks more like fat alien with stupid horns than something demonic spat out from hell with strong Heavy Metal music vibes and all. I mean THIS is the Cyberdemon I am familiar with, even though its just a fanart but its purely Doom 1/Doom 2 style.
http://orig06.deviantart.net/5e40/f/2012/196/2/4/cyberdemon_by_spinebender-d57c18x.jpg

I couldn't 100% tell from the trailer, but it looks as though the enemies actually react or dismember accordingly with the actions of the players. Which is cool if true. One of the things I always thought these kinds of games lacked, was realistic effects. Whereby, you take a chain saw to somebody you don't just see blood spatter everywhere, but the body not actually be cut, then the creature dies and is in a state on the ground that doesn't reflect what you just did to it. I think its weird how most games these days have the bodies flop off in some weird unrealistic contorted shape, Assassins Creed style. Same goes with other objects in the game as well. I should be able to just cut stuff and have the objects interact at least somewhat realistically. I know this requires a lot of processing power, but I would willingly accept a slight degradation in graphical detail for a more realistic physics and effects engine.

I couldn't 100% tell from the trailer, but it looks as though the enemies actually react or dismember accordingly with the actions of the players. Which is cool if true. One of the things I always thought these kinds of games lacked, was realistic effects. Whereby, you take a chain saw to somebody you don't just see blood spatter everywhere, but the body not actually be cut, then the creature dies and is in a state on the ground that doesn't reflect what you just did to it. I think its weird how most games these days have the bodies flop off in some weird unrealistic contorted shape, Assassins Creed style. Same goes with other objects in the game as well. I should be able to just cut stuff and have the objects interact at least somewhat realistically. I know this requires a lot of processing power, but I would willingly accept a slight degradation in graphical detail for a more realistic physics and effects engine.
According to the interview after the event last night the type of dismemberment that plays out depends on the angle the player approaches the enemy, so it's fluid. No more details other than that, at this point.

It seems obvious that, at least their marketing team, believes the primary innovation or buying decision for this trailer is the 10x gore factor. I'm not really sure which segment of the market this is appealing to any more, but I'd prefer more interesting gameplay rather than the ability to shoot off and chainsaw off pieces of demons.

Back