Cooler Master G550M 550W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Cooler Master G550M 550W Power Supply Review - Today we spend our time with a computer power supply from Cooler Master that is towards the lower end of the wattage scale coming in at 550 watts. Cooler Master claims "notably higher efficiency and voltage stability than other designs." We will see if its Bronze efficiency G550M PSU will stand up to our gauntlet and its own claims.

I haven't been a fan of Cooler Master power supplies after two died within a week of each other. My preferred PSU manufacturer has been Seasonic though I will use Thermaltake and Antec.

Thanks for the review, [H]. :)

I haven't been a fan of Cooler Master power supplies after two died within a week of each other. My preferred PSU manufacturer has been Seasonic though I will use Thermaltake and Antec.

you have probably never used their Silent Pro series.. or the much better Silent Pro M2.. I think those are legendary Cooler master PSU..

Well, some of CM's PSUs are manufactured by Seasonic. Tho that's in the higher end product lines.

I don't know why Cooler Master keeps putting out mediocre power supplies. They made some good ones with their V line or whatever it was a while back but everything else they make is barely passing. Cooler Master is a good brand that makes a lot of good stuff so I don't know why they're content with these "just passing" power supplies. But then I don't know why Corsair seems to be doing the same thing with their PSU's either.

I don't know why Cooler Master keeps putting out mediocre power supplies. They made some good ones with their V line or whatever it was a while back but everything else they make is barely passing. Cooler Master is a good brand that makes a lot of good stuff so I don't know why they're content with these "just passing" power supplies. But then I don't know why Corsair seems to be doing the same thing with their PSU's either.

I think they are looking to sell more quantity at lower prices than quality at higher prices.. all manufacturers do the same, they try to reach a higher amount of people at lower prices using the brand as bait..and not only corsair or cooler master, Thermaltake, Antec.. etc. all have a some lines of crap PSUs..

Back