Sony Music CEO Says Apple’s Music Streaming Service Launching Tomorrow

HardOCP News

[H] News
How many of you care about Apple launching a music streaming service tomorrow at WWDC? Are any of you planning on using it?

Sony Music CEO Doug Morris said in an interview on stage today that Apple will announce its new music streaming service tomorrow at its World Wide Developers Conference. “It’s happening tomorrow,” Morris said during an interview at Midem in Cannes that primarily focused on his storied career in the music industry.

There are many others already deep into the game.
For instance. I just signed up for Amazon Prime. I get streaming Music, Movies/TV Shows, Coupons, FREE 2 Day delivery on prime products, etc. all for a cheap $99/year.
How can that be beat?

No.

How come they havent already got music streaming, surely they own the patent?
Ah, they only take other peoples ideas, clear thinking not allowed :p
My bad.

There are many others already deep into the game.
For instance. I just signed up for Amazon Prime. I get streaming Music, Movies/TV Shows, Coupons, FREE 2 Day delivery on prime products, etc. all for a cheap $99/year.
How can that be beat?

The music section on Prime is very weak. Even though it's free, it doesn't cover a lot of people's listening taste.

Also I believe this means iOS 8.4 is launching tomorrow. Apple has redesigned the Music app in te 8.4 betas, only make sense to launch at WWDC if they announce the new service.

I might try it if it was free, but I've got my own server, so I don't see the point of paying 10 bucks a month for it. That's roughly 12 CD's a year.

I might try it if it was free, but I've got my own server, so I don't see the point of paying 10 bucks a month for it. That's roughly 12 CD's a year.

It's going to be free for 3 months. Allegedly.

It's going to be free for 3 months. Allegedly.

I'd consider trying it for free...then again, I've never taken Spotify up on the offer, but if they have some kill feature, i'd give it a go. Ultimately, I use streaming as a way to check albums out...if I like them, I'll buy them.

I'll consider subscribing to a streaming service once the monthly fee goes below what I spend on music currently. And that's not a lot, I get most of my music free from podcasts.

They will secretly install a copy protection rootkit on your PC like in 2005, everyone knows without that people will just pirate, am I right?

It's very irrelevant to me.

I use an android phone and it won't be out until fall. Also, it's not available in Canada at launch as usual. Hell, Apple pay isn't even in Canada yet, even though a large number of merchants have nfc capable payment systems that already work with some payment apps on Android and tap to pay with your credit/debit card.

Oh and I hopped on the Google play music when they launched in Canada and they gave me promotional pricing of just $7.99/month, so it's cheaper, more established and probably better. Works on Sonos too which I doubt we'll see from Apple music. Love my Sonos system...

Back