Best Buy Won't Stop Sending Codes And Coupons To Wrong Man

HardOCP News

[H] News
Think about it, what would have happened if this guy used all those coupons and codes Best Buy kept sending him?

If I continue to be sent software licenses, product keys and activation codes, I will assume they are gifts from this point on and redeem them myself. That will likely leave you with a very unhappy customer (the one who actually makes the purchases from you), so I advise you to take action and permanently remove [nickname]@gmail.com from your system.

Send some codes my way to me a trip to the post office. Need to buy some gadgets at Best Buy.

How timely. I woke up this morning to 9 password recovery attempts in Facebook and another 7 for Live.com involving my (dictionary word)@gmail.com email address. Some idiot in Thailand basically treats my email address as his despite never having been able to log into it. Been dealing with this guy for two years now.

I've been slowly migrating logins to my domain email address so that I can switch the forward to somewhere else if I ever need to, so this guy sees my @gmail.com address not belonging to an account on that site... and attempts to create a new account. Every time he creates a new account using my email address, I just log in and have it disabled. He still hasn't learned.

How timely. I woke up this morning to 9 password recovery attempts in Facebook and another 7 for Live.com involving my (dictionary word)@gmail.com email address. Some idiot in Thailand basically treats my email address as his despite never having been able to log into it. Been dealing with this guy for two years now.

I've been slowly migrating logins to my domain email address so that I can switch the forward to somewhere else if I ever need to, so this guy sees my @gmail.com address not belonging to an account on that site... and attempts to create a new account. Every time he creates a new account using my email address, I just log in and have it disabled. He still hasn't learned.

After outlook.com was announced I snagged my name. Well someone is convinced it's their email address. They setup Verizon and other various accounts to it. I got a kick out of seeing numerous data overage notices one after the other one day.

After the first couple of attempts to contact the person always using my gmail account. I now switch and lock passwords to said account, locking him/her out completely as well as cancelling services like Sprint, Direct TV, his/her other gmail accounts, prescriptions, and other organizations they join.

Don't get me started with Best Buy and their whole online vs in store prices.....

I get a lot of those too on one of my accounts. Some spammers sign up for accounts using fake email addresses and hope that the owner clicks the verification link. If you don't verify the account they usually wont be able to log in anyway. That being said, I've had people try to use the email address for forums, social media, steam accounts, personal resumes, and phone bills.

Maybe you all should get a name change from your current names of Joe Blow. :p

I get a lot of those too on one of my accounts. Some spammers sign up for accounts using fake email addresses and hope that the owner clicks the verification link. If you don't verify the account they usually wont be able to log in anyway. That being said, I've had people try to use the email address for forums, social media, steam accounts, personal resumes, and phone bills.

Ugh. How annoying. Sad that there's actually a virtue in having shitty usernames for email addresses.

The most recent RL signup I got was for an approval on a lease on an apartment within the city. I think my reply may have jeopardized that. Seriously, who fakes an email address for that kind of stuff?

Ugh. How annoying. Sad that there's actually a virtue in having shitty usernames for email addresses.

The most recent RL signup I got was for an approval on a lease on an apartment within the city. I think my reply may have jeopardized that. Seriously, who fakes an email address for that kind of stuff?

I suppose dumb shits that think the internet has already created that email address just for them. :LOL:

I would have screwed them out of that lease sign up too. :)

True story

Best buy and their credit department eff'ed up my credit and kept sending me reimbursement checks cause they charged me interest on an 18 month no interest deal. I only cashed the first one, but they assumed I cashed them all. Then sent my info to a collection agency. Long story short. It took like 6 months of talking to India and sending shit back and forth to get my credit fixed.

F U Best Buy

Do yourself a favor, if you haven't enabled wildcard addressing on your domain, don't do it. I get a fair amount of garbage on my domain because people keep mistyping their domain; including their IT setting up new accounts and emailing me the password :eek: wtf peeps, your domain has 5 letters, mine has 4. Also get a lot of stuff on my lastname first [email protected]; I stopped responding when people send me stuff because they don't understand that there could be two people with the same first and last name. I feel sort of bad for the guy who they tried to send a job welcome pack to like 10 times, but whatever. Also not cool: the guy who applied for a prison officer job in Arizona with my cell phone number in California; it could make sense with them having area code 480 and us having 408, but my cell phone is in 650; pretty sure he's not getting the interview.

People sign my email address up for bank accounts, stores, sporting events, movie premiers, forums, newsletters, and etc. on a nearly weekly basis... It's pretty annoying.

Wouldnt happen in the UK as a law was introduced a few years ago to stop UK companies and UK websites from sending you emails if you unsubscribed or have sent a recorded delivery letter or phoned them and asked them to stop, if they didnt stop they then get raped thousands of ££££ by some ombudsman as its now a criminal offence to continue to spam if asked to stop.

Mind you, this only works with UK websites or UK based mail servers, it has something to do with an anti spam law..

But yea fuck best buy for not helping this dude out quickly enough and also not giving him a gift for all the trouble they have put him through albeit its not exactly their fault, but now its on the net and in the open I am sure it will get fixed soon enough.

my gmail address is common enough that I've been receiving onstar alerts for the last two years, someone opened a facebook account with my email, I got some invitations to some Navy party, I've received St Patricks day photos of two guys kissing in a booth in Chicago, and lately I'm getting rsvps/can't attend emails for some ladies baby shower. wtf.

Oh yeah I also recently got confirmation notices for some hotel in Michigan.

If someone is actually have a trip to or through there, why would they not use a legit email address? I know I would want to know which is why I use my email address for things like that. I also have a junk email address for everything else.

If someone is actually have a trip to or through there, why would they not use a legit email address? I know I would want to know which is why I use my email address for things like that. I also have a junk email address for everything else.

booty call...

That's the thing. It's a first initial, second initial, last name @gmail.com type of address. and all of these people all over the world think they have mine or at least have typoed mine. I've also received confirmations in what i think is thai.

Back