For $2.7M, Ellen Pao Promised Not To Appeal

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you thought you'd heard the end of the Ellen Pao case, you'd better think again. She apparently demanded $2.7 million not to appeal her case after her former employer offered to waive the $1 million she is already legal obligated to pay. :eek:

“Pao is obligated, as a matter of law, to repay a portion of our legal costs. We have offered to waive these costs as a good faith attempt to bring this matter to a close. In response, Pao demanded an additional $2.7 million payment from KPCB in return for not appealing, despite the jury's unequivocal verdict in our favor on all counts. We have no intention of accepting this unreasonable demand.”

Seriously, if all I've heard is true. Seriously, fuck her and people like her.

So given how the thread went when this story first broke..Are any of the "White knight Sjw's" around here still trying to defend this obvious gold digging bitch? Or have you realized all us "Sexist assholes" weren't being sexist but just calling an obvious spade a spade.

Two hyper-competitive assholes who got rich, got greedy, and tried to use their combined arrogance to outsmart the system any way they could, now exposed for it. Sucks. ;)

Everyone appeals major league decisions like this. I'd honestly be surprised if her lawyers backed down and did not make such a demand prior to appealing. Good for them.

Everyone appeals major league decisions like this. I'd honestly be surprised if her lawyers backed down and did not make such a demand prior to appealing. Good for them.

Of course her lawyers didn't back down an appeal means more billable hours and they'll get paid win or lose.

So given how the thread went when this story first broke..Are any of the "White knight Sjw's" around here still trying to defend this obvious gold digging bitch? Or have you realized all us "Sexist assholes" weren't being sexist but just calling an obvious spade a spade.

well, she got all the SJWs reddit can muster under her banner being ceo of that site :)

My understanding is they took the case on a contingency as most plaintiff's employment lawyers do. She may be footing some of the bill but I imagine a large portion of her attorney's fees is collectible only from a judgment.

She's so god damn ugly I cant even bare it.

She's an ugly ass horse that doesn't know when to shutup and go away. Now I can see why they wouldn't give her an opportunity to rise to a senior level position. ...ok I'm an asshole lol. :p

This chick is batshit crazy. I know reddit is pretty damn left wing, but who in gods name would appoint this fruit loop CEO of anything?? She came out and flat out said Reddit has never been a free speech platform...Aaron Swartz must be rolling in his grave.

This chick is batshit crazy. I know reddit is pretty damn left wing, but who in gods name would appoint this fruit loop CEO of anything?? She came out and flat out said Reddit has never been a free speech platform...Aaron Swartz must be rolling in his grave.

Left wing? Have you been to /r/politics? Holy shit. Left wing is an understatement. Go there from [H] Soapbox and see how quick you get banned with the same opinion.

This chick is nuts.

Now you get why Reddit was so pissed about her taking the reigns, especially after her thinly veiled attempt to make "anti-bullying" changes saying you can't mention anyone by name on the site in a negative light... when that has only really ever applied to a few select high profile celebrities and most recently just HERSELF! So this way not only can she continue to delete high upranked threads about her, but she can get those posters permabanned while protecting her position by surrounding herself with an SJW shield and saying that any attack on her is an attack on all women. :rolleyes:

Left wing? Have you been to /r/politics? Holy shit. Left wing is an understatement.

Perhaps you're the type to feel more at home in a subreddit like /r/coontown

No, Reddit is not one entity with monolithic politics.

It's no surprise. A certain kind of person tends to go for power positions like CEO jobs, and those kind of people are usually assholes. Same deal with the financial shark types (which was what she was at this company).

She just couches her stuff in PC BS. Like the "We don't negotiate for salaries to help women," shit. You REALLY think that is to help women? No, it is to screw over employees for the company's (and thus her) benefit. She's just couching it in PC terms so that people are less likely to object.

Perhaps you're the type to feel more at home in a subreddit like /r/coontown

No, Reddit is not one entity with monolithic politics.

No, but both conservatives in /r/politics got strung up by their laces. :)

It's extremely liberal in there. Doesn't matter who you cite - you're wrong if your stance is conservative. I'm liberal to a point, but most of that sub is just WAY far left. reddit itself? No. /r/politics? Yes, it's 95% left wing liberal folks.

I'm middle of the road. I can't swerve that far left.

It's no surprise. A certain kind of person tends to go for power positions like CEO jobs, and those kind of people are usually assholes. Same deal with the financial shark types (which was what she was at this company).

She just couches her stuff in PC BS. Like the "We don't negotiate for salaries to help women," shit. You REALLY think that is to help women? No, it is to screw over employees for the company's (and thus her) benefit. She's just couching it in PC terms so that people are less likely to object.

It seems pretty clear now that she simply wants to be in charge. The 'no negotiation' thing is her ego saying 'im in charge and will dictate from now on what salaries will be, take it or leave it.'

Equating Ellen Pao to "chicks" is...insulting to chicks and chickens.

But yea, she's batshit crazy....that's why they didn't promote her to senior partner.

Her actions speak louder than anything.

Bitch looks like a man.
Well you know her "husband" (that no one has ever seen her with at events) is a lifelong openly gay (not bisexual) man, and this is the first woman he's ever been with. I suppose that makes it somewhat credible, lol!

Pretty much everyone on this thread would be perma banned on Ars Technica for their comments.

Which is why I like it so much better here. :)

Back