Apple Recalls Beats Pill XL Speakers Due To Fire Hazard

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you own a Beats Pill XL, you should probably contact Apple for a refund before it burns your house down. :eek:

The Beats Pill XL went on sale in early January 2014, and Apple’s purchase of the company happened in August of that year. Today, Apple announced that they’re recalling all of the speakers after eight reports of overheated units. One burned a customer’s finger, and another damaged a customer’s desk.

I'v been told that Apple products are a hot item.

I'v been told that Apple products are a hot item.

Errrrrm ...... fail ..... sorry :). You could do better

beats pill/dr beat headphones: let's mark up a products price 200% because of a celebrity! Sweet!

You guise just don't understand: it's the hot searing love of Apple burning you to the core.

If you love somebody better set them on fire!

Talk about adding injury to insult, after overpaying so much for the product, then you have to risk your house burning down?

Congratulations, Apple, you've discovered a way to make be sympathize with Apple customers.

I dislike Apple, and Beats, but these were released before Apple bought the company. Blame Beat's shitty Chinese outsourcing.

I dislike Apple, and Beats, but these were released before Apple bought the company. Blame Beat's shitty Chinese outsourcing.

No different than the rest of Apple's overpriced Chinese made junk. Even Xiaomi is way better.

Come on Steve, what do you expect out of us by posting something like this?

You should know by now that none of us here on [H] are stupid enough to pay for overpriced, over hyped, Apple, and Beats crap. :D

These pills are great little mobile speakers, went on a hike this past weekend and my bro had one, sounded good and it wasn't intrusive at all.

I'd probably get one if I liked running to music.

These pills are great little mobile speakers, went on a hike this past weekend and my bro had one, sounded good and it wasn't intrusive at all.

I'd probably get one if I liked running to music.

Do you need a soundtrack to run away from your burning house ?

The roof the roof the roof is on fire
We don't need no apple speakers let the motherf#cker burn
Burn motherf#cker burn :D

Do you need a soundtrack to run away from your burning house ?

The roof the roof the roof is on fire
We don't need no apple speakers let the motherf#cker burn
Burn motherf#cker burn :D

lol, but honestly I wonder how much of a fire hazard these things are? I know quite a few people with them and no fires yet :D

Shame in the uk they dont give you back as much as you paid for it. It was and still is £269.99 in the uk, but they pay you back £215.00

That is pretty alarming. Of course, without contacting the owner directly. Most units won't be turned in for fire hazards I bet.

Back