Acer Engineers Unveil A Smart Diaper At Computex

HardOCP News

[H] News
Acer engineers have just unveiled a smart diaper at Computex. The best part? No, it's not that it has "Intel inside." It's not that they used a Ted plushy to demo the diaper. It's the fact that they named the thing "DiaperPie." Ewwww. Blame cageymaru for submitting this one.

If you can't tell when your child needs a diaper change, you probably shouldn't have kids. It's really not that difficult.

If you can't tell when your child needs a diaper change, you probably shouldn't have kids. It's really not that difficult.

Sometimes smart people are really that dumb (not the parents, the engineers of this smart diaper)

As a parent of 2 kids myself I concur this. All this device does it give an excuse to make an already expensive disposable item, more expensive and worse for the environment for no actual benefit.

Oh, so this is where they spent all their money. Wow, for a moment, I was truly wondering why they do not support their previous products with driver updates. :rolleyes:

While I mostly agree with you, do you have kids?

Sometimes a baby will poo while they are sleeping.. and if they are prone to diaper rash they may have a bad rash before they even wake up.

The methane detection thing is not a sure-fire way to tell if a kid has pooped or not. It would also set it off if they just pass gas.

I can see Acer targeting MMO "Hardcore" Gamers with this! :D

The TED bear's expression is perfect. I'm hearing Seth McFarlane's voice right now saying "This is the last time I agree to medical experiments in exchange for a bottle of vodka and eight ball of coke."

Sometimes a baby will poo while they are sleeping.. and if they are prone to diaper rash they may have a bad rash before they even wake up.

The methane detection thing is not a sure-fire way to tell if a kid has pooped or not. It would also set it off if they just pass gas.

The moisture detector would be plenty to detect a shit filled diaper. The methane detector may as well be "the constant false alarm detector"...my infant son lays down bombs pretty much all day lol. Plus, my kid NEVER sleeps through a shit. He's screaming in the middle of the night if he poops. But yea, this is about as useless as it gets. I think it's clear none of these engineers have kids.

I can see it now. Thing will be tied into Twitter and Facebook and my news feed will now be filled with my kid xxxx took a poo.

I don't want to live on this world any more.

Now one thing this would work good is for old folks homes

I can see it now. Thing will be tied into Twitter and Facebook and my news feed will now be filled with my kid xxxx took a poo.

I don't want to live on this world any more.

Now one thing this would work good is for old folks homes

+1 Internets to you.

/thread

For when getting up and checking on your child is just too inconvenient.........

Quick question, does it come with a NA power cord or do I have to get an adapter?

Baby stuff will hit the fan once one of those diapers fails... :eek:

Not quite the best promotional shot.

1433271811C74B1dKFfI_1_1.jpg

It looks like Ted has bomb strapped to his chest.

Babies in institutional care situations like newborns in hospitals or babies in daycare where the individual attention is just not there.

Babies aren't the only ones to wear diapers. Unfortunately the elderly use them and the ones that do often have cognitive issues. Do you want to check if your mother's diaper is wet or would you rather have a microchip tell you?

ROFL, couldn't have said it better! The degeneration of current society is alarming to say the least.

Yes,

My son is 21 months old, he has never poo'ed while sleeping with the exception of the first 2 months.

Its not hard to check a diaper or smell it.

The only place I could see this really to be effective would be a hospital, nicu, or some type of recovery place.

Yes,

My son is 21 months old, he has never poo'ed while sleeping with the exception of the first 2 months.

Its not hard to check a diaper or smell it.

Daughter is 24 months old (birthday in a few days) and same, first couple months yes, after that not at all. And no, it ain't hard, those first two months you are freaking hanging with them every few hours anyway feeding, so wth. And the people that "would" be ignoring an infant like that probably don't have cash to spend on this time traveling suitcase canopener wizzomajig. I'm sure this is fake, but kind of funny and sad. Sure, old people and MMO gamers, I could see that. My boss at Microsoft used to have diaper parties in the 80's I guess, he told us all about it =( That could probably come in handy muhahah

Back