US Failed in Attacking North Korea's Nukes with a Computer Virus

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you remember the article we posted several months ago concerning the US Government’s attempt to recruit talented super hackers, the reasoning behind the recruitment drive to compete against other world class information techs is becoming all too clear.

But U.S. agents could not access the core machines that ran Pyongyang’s nuclear weapons program, said another source, a former high-ranking intelligence official who was briefed on the program.

How hard is it to hack a network of Commodore 64's?

It can be pretty damn hard to hack the computer network of a country with no computer network.

If you have any brains and anything to hide...the first step to data security is to never plug the sensitive data machines in to a network. Ever.

Pretty sure the C64 required a phone on modem to make any kind of network connection. Otherwise the network operated on the sneaker net principle. You walked your 5.25 floppy to your friend's house to get that program that you wanted. It was a time in which the torrent was much more personal and you could trust the guy on the other end ... most of the time.

Need to hire some old school hackers for this. Gotta be up to speed on 1980's computer tech to hack them.

Are you actually believing these guys? If they actually DID hack North Korea's stuff, they would absolutely want North Korea to believe they couldn't. With NK's propaganda practices, giving them that shot of false confidence is just too easy.

Are you actually believing these guys? If they actually DID hack North Korea's stuff, they would absolutely want North Korea to believe they couldn't. With NK's propaganda practices, giving them that shot of false confidence is just too easy.

If an article hours in line with someone's thinking our beliefs, they will never question it.

That said, I think this blog post is quite hilarious.

I wonder would any real top hacker talent wantt to work for "the man"? wouldn't they been too scared they fall into an abyss that they can never get out of?

That's not exactly a network port but an addon card.

I remember how mysterious network things were back in 80's for me and my friends. One of my friends tried to convince us that he had access to his bank by just typing his bank account number on the command line.

I asked him how does his computer connect to the bank? Through the power socket obviously, he replies ;D

He was a forerunner on the powerline ethernet it seems.

Does it seem to anyone else like in addition to regular old guns, planes, bombs, blood, and guts war, that we are engaged in with this oil rich regime or another, that the US is engaged in economic and cyber warfare with just about everybody else as well?

Not sure I believe that blog all that much. Did we actually try to attack them? Did we actually fail if we did? How would regular people like us ever know the truth of the matter considering how cut off from the rest of the world NK is, and how prety much every elected official everywhere is a liar, and the world press is little better?

Back