I lost the viewing of a software on a 40" 4K LCD due to Nvidia bug

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
This is very bizarre. I have newsleecher running, among other software. I turned off my main 40" 4K screen. The video card is also connected to a 60" LCD TV, and I turn that off as well, because I have to go downstair for 15 min.

As I move back upstair, turn back on the LCD, I can't view newssleecher, it's running, but I can't view it. The other software ends up on the other screen (the secondary 60" LCD TV), so normally to fix it, I can either re-boot, or un-plug the HDMI to my video card. In this case, none of the above trick works, including hard boot.

So to view Newscleecher, if I set it to boot up on Maximize Windows, I can view the software, once I set it to Normal windows, I cannot see the software.

Exactly how do I gain back the viewing of this software?

it's clearly a nvidia bug

I use Alt+Space -> Move -> Arrow keys to move 'invisible'/off-screen windows back into viewable areas. Does this work at all in your case?

I just try it and it works. Thank you very much. I never know that trick. A few mis-alignment has happened since this new LCD is installed. I guess I have to put up w/ it until Nvidia has a new driver that fixes all these bugs

Back