Kung Fury

Talk about bummed. It was supposed to be so over the top cheesy it would be funny and entertaining, but its extremely painful to watch. The actors are just horrific and give you that squirmy embarassing feel as you try to make yourself to continue watching. (yes i get thats supposed to be the point, but it fails there.)

Last edited:
Talk about bummed. It was supposed to be so over the top cheesy it would be funny and entertaining, but its extremely painful to watch. The actors are just horrific and give you that squirmy embarassing feel as you try to make yourself to continue watching. (yes i get thats supposed to be the point, but it fails there.)

I dunno man from the first 5 minutes I saw it's hitting all the notes I wanted it to hit

Putting the rest off until tomorrow.

BURNING HEARTS AND A BRAND NEW FEELING

it was pretty much as awesome as i hoped.

I watched it with my friends and family. We were all rolling the whole time. Wasn't painful to watch at all, IMO. To all of us that watched it, it seemed to nail the exact intended satire it was going for.

You must not have grown up in the 1980's...

I thought it was great. I dont think it could work as a full length film, but somebody should pay these guys to keeping doing this on Adult swim. I guess I could imagine a type of person that wouldn't laugh at this, but Idk I can't empathize. I love this kind of wild and crazy humor. This is actually pretty tame compared to shows like Wondershozen and Tim & Eric.

Talk about bummed. It was supposed to be so over the top cheesy it would be funny and entertaining, but its extremely painful to watch. The actors are just horrific and give you that squirmy embarrassing feel as you try to make yourself to continue watching. (yes i get thats supposed to be the point, but it fails there.)
Maybe try watching it again later? It is over the top cheesy and hilarious... :confused:

Millennial detected

I normally can't sit through stuff like this, but this was fantastic. It's definitely a generational flick.

Thanks for the heads up on this; I'd never heard of it.

Millennial detected

36 here. grew up on goonies, big trouble little china(best fucking movie ever), burbs, etc etc etc. Just not feeling this flick. Only thing 80's about this flick is the converse and the headband, and maybe the random old technology thrown in. Its a sin city/300/etc white wash passing as an embarassingly acted pseudo comedy. I know im in the minority, but it just doesnt do anything for me. I was excited after trailer, disappointed after 30 mins of 600k crap. Maybe its a just a neckbeard thing i dont get. :p

36 here. grew up on goonies, big trouble little china(best fucking movie ever), burbs, etc etc etc. Just not feeling this flick. Only thing 80's about this flick is the converse and the headband, and maybe the random old technology thrown in. Its a sin city/300/etc white wash passing as an embarassingly acted pseudo comedy. I know im in the minority, but it just doesnt do anything for me. I was excited after trailer, disappointed after 30 mins of 600k crap. Maybe its a just a neckbeard thing i dont get. :p

There's probably on a whole more nineties references than 80s but pretty much a rif on hundreds of 80s action/scifi movies. American ninja obviously jumps out at you. The soundtrack is straight out of tangerine dream/hotline miami neon lights near-future 80s. Idk man, at one point hitler murdered an entire police station by shooting through an 80s cellphone and is only stopped by someone shooting the phone at the station. Then Hackerman shows up? If you can't enjoy that I got nothing. If nothing else the fighting choreography was worth it alone.

It was rather underwhelming. I get that it wasn't supposed to have much of a plot, but it was just too random. Before something could even become funny it was onto another area. I can't help but think if they had made the goals to extend the movie it might have turned out a bit better.

Back