Apple Fails To Disqualify E-Book Antitrust Monitor

HardOCP News

[H] News
Despite the company's repeated attempts to disqualify the antitrust compliance monitor appointed by the courts in 2013, a federal appeals court rejected Apple's appeal today, bringing the case to a close.

U.S. District Judge Denise Cote installed Bromwich through a permanent injunction in October 2013, three months after she ruled in favor of the U.S. Department of Justice by finding that Apple had played a "central role" in conspiring to raise e-book prices and impede rivals such as Amazon.

"and charged hourly fees that began at $1,100 before being cut to $1,000, an amount revealed on Thursday." So, he told Apple, who had to pay him, how much he was worth? And they just had to pay? I want that job.

I'm certainly no Apple fan...but this government is far overreaching itself with its pompous insistence that it knows better than the tech companies who manufacture the products people voluntarily buy. But, if Apple continues to support the Democrat party in the US it can expect to see more of the same and worse in the future...The only freedom the Democrats champion seems to be the freedom of the government to trample the freedoms of individual citizens.

I'm certainly no Apple fan...but this government is far overreaching itself with its pompous insistence that it knows better than the tech companies who manufacture the products people voluntarily buy. But, if Apple continues to support the Democrat party in the US it can expect to see more of the same and worse in the future...The only freedom the Democrats champion seems to be the freedom of the government to trample the freedoms of individual citizens.

Um...yeah...Obama's fault. /s

You sir clearly know what you are talking about. Submit your resume for CEO asap so you can correct these obvious and egregious mistakes they are making.

Suuure, and its not like Republicans have been creating huge deficits to make the government small enough to fit in your uterus and under your bed sheets.
But yeah sure, republicans love 'individual' freedoms.

Never mind that Apple was found guilty of colluding with publishers to, you know, NAIL THE CUSTOMERS OUT OF THE BENEFITS OF 'FREE MARKET COMPETITION' !!!
But hey, government overreach is 'funner' concept I guess.

Is Fox News is redirecting to hardforum.com?

$1000/hr is cheap considering how much it's saving consumers from Apple's attempted collusion to control the market and raise prices.

Back