Inbox By Gmail Is Now Open To Everyone

Was just too fussy and convoluted. Deleted.

Just need my email on the go man!

I tried this early on and just didn't get it. I saw no useful advantage to this over just using the Gmail app.

I tried this early on and just didn't get it. I saw no useful advantage to this over just using the Gmail app.

Exactly the same here. Got an invite from a friend and I've tried to use it...but it's not very useful IMO.

I didn't realize it required invites. Google asked me to join a while back, so I gave it a try.

I actually kind of like it. Not for everything, but for regular mail maintenance, and easily categorizing and archiving junk mail it works pretty well. I also like and use the reminder feature and pin feature, when I want to remember something.

In the traditional inbox it would have gotten lost under all the crap near the top that comes into my inbox in a day.

I've got it and like it. Seems to be a bit easier to navigate in.

I got it at first and played with it for 5 seconds and concluded it sucked, uninstalled, and went back to gmail. Few weeks ago I gave it a second chance after a discussion with someone where it came up. The takeawake was if you use Inbox how most people use Gmail it sucks, but if you use Inbox more like a to-do list almost, and clear shit out when you have no action to take, its really nice. So I tried this, and I actaully do like it now. Enough that I've not wanted to switch back to gmail. It still is not perfect, but its not bad. I'm not even sure if its better than gmail or not.

Actually on the phone inbox is much nicer than gmail, but on desktop its a bit annoying. You can have a huge inbox window and all your mail is in this small column down center with tons of empty space on both sides. It is sometimes annoying for all that space to go unused. Worse is after you open a couple hangout windows, dispite the fact there is all this open space they end up covering up half of that column down the center.

I got it at first and played with it for 5 seconds and concluded it sucked, uninstalled, and went back to gmail. Few weeks ago I gave it a second chance after a discussion with someone where it came up. The takeawake was if you use Inbox how most people use Gmail it sucks, but if you use Inbox more like a to-do list almost, and clear shit out when you have no action to take, its really nice. So I tried this, and I actaully do like it now. Enough that I've not wanted to switch back to gmail. It still is not perfect, but its not bad. I'm not even sure if its better than gmail or not.

Actually on the phone inbox is much nicer than gmail, but on desktop its a bit annoying. You can have a huge inbox window and all your mail is in this small column down center with tons of empty space on both sides. It is sometimes annoying for all that space to go unused. Worse is after you open a couple hangout windows, dispite the fact there is all this open space they end up covering up half of that column down the center.

Pretty much this.

I use inbox as my "email todo list" but still fall back to the traditional inbox for other stuff.

I am actually indifferent towards it. I can see it's use, but I don't use my phone for anything but a quick glance at email. If it's trash...it's gone. If it's not and will keep.....I'll look at it later when I am on my computer.

I will probably delete it, as gmail does everything I need it to do.

NOTE: BitDefender is blocking site due to known malware distribution.

I tried to replace the gmail app on my phone with this and it just didn't click. I figured it was because I was getting old, so I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that didn't like it.

I fumbled around with it for about a month before I went back to gmail...

I just installed it yesterday. The organization features are pretty nifty but only time will tell if this is a keeper. I just have to disable the notifications from Gmail because they're now coming in twice.

I too could not figure out what the advantages of this software are. It seems like it tries to automate too much of your inbox for you. Like certain messages chains I had going on went missing because Gmail deemed them useless, and others were prominent for the same alternative reasons. Sorry but email is like my closet or toolbox for me, I know where everything is by heart. I cant have Google just auto-sorting stuff as they see fit.

I just installed it yesterday. The organization features are pretty nifty but only time will tell if this is a keeper. I just have to disable the notifications from Gmail because they're now coming in twice.

Wait a day, it will prompt you with a question and do it for you.

I've used it on and off for a while on mobile, and what I concluded is that it'd be much more handy if I received far more email traffic than I do. As-is with my dozen or so emails a day which I read almost as soon as I get them, it takes fewer steps to operate the Gmail app than it does Inbox. If/when I start receiving and need to read spam account levels of emails a day, then I think the bundling would be a more welcomed feature.

I tried it on the desktop, not for me.

Yea, the app is pretty bad...the desktop Inbox is just gawd awful.

Was excited to get an invite, finally got it and tried it for 10 minutes and uninstalled it. The last update fixes several big issues, but the fundamental paradigm is half-cocked.

So, I've been using it for about 6 months now, having got in on the early days. I've come to the conclusion that it has its moments, but shines if (as said above) you are a 0 inboxer: i.e., you sort the crap out of your email. I find the search to be better than the standard phone app, however.

I used Inbox for one day, it refused to pick up my Outlook.com emails so I gave it the axe. Google is crazy if they think a lot of people want a single-provider email app.

I used Inbox for one day, it refused to pick up my Outlook.com emails so I gave it the axe. Google is crazy if they think a lot of people want a single-provider email app.

I only have gmail (and only one account) on my N5, and millions of people are the same way (in that they only have a gmail account), so I think you'd be surprised how much they just don't care about people with other accounts.

I'm not important enough to need to "manage" my personal email. And I am pretty wary of any company (of large size) that uses Google services for their email.

I'm not important enough to need to "manage" my personal email. And I am pretty wary of any company (of large size) that uses Google services for their email.

Thing is large institutions that outsource tend to either go to Google...or worse...Microsoft.

At my work everyone despises the Microsoft outsourced email...doesn't block any spam for shit...the controls provided to users to pick up the pieces aren't worth two bits either, and it upchucks if you try to use anything other than Outlook.

Pick your poison. Google email that at least blocks spam. Or Microsoft that doesn't.

Back