Catalyst 15.5 Betas out.

TaintedSquirrel

[H]F Junkie
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.5 Beta Windows Driver

Crossfire Profile Update for:

*The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt

Performance Improvements for the following :

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt : Up to 10% performance increase on single GPU Radeon R9 and R7 Series graphics products
Project Cars - Up to 17% performance increase on single GPU Radeon R9 and R7 Series graphics products

Known Issues:
• The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt: Crossfire users may experience poor performance or random flickering. As a workaround we suggest disabling Anti-Aliasing from the game’s video - post processing settings. If the issues persist further, we suggest disabling Crossfire while we continue to work with CD Projekt Red to resolve this issue.

:eek:

This should be interesting.

Project Cars - Up to 17% performance increase on single GPU Radeon R9 and R7 Series graphics products

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Needs to be 100% to even come close to Nvidia.

Don't have the witcher but seeing people are still having the same issues with crossfire flickering. Pretty shit showing amd, delivering this driver late and yet again crossfire support is half assed. For a company that literally depends on their high end boards being dual gpu its funny how much dual gpu support gets neglected by them. Freesync, eyefinity, frame pacing to name a few all were a waiting game for multi gpu support and in the case of freesync still is.

I guess at the moment its all hands on deck for the driver team putting together a driver for the new cards while the current generation is left to flail about in some newer games. Not a good advert at all....

My sample time with my R9 280x is extremely limited: just 2 days to be exact. However, when I received my GPU, I installed 14.5 drivers and played some of TW3. My settings were set to Ultra / high post processing, with hairworks disabled. At those settings, I was averaging in the mid to upper 30s - at best. I then lowered foilage distance to high, keeping everything else the same and averaged in at about 45 or so.

A few hours later, I noticed the 15.5 betas were up, so I quickly updated the drivers. With the settings kept static, the averages increased to the mid 50s. So in my brief sampling, I did see about a 20% increase. Obviously more sampling is needed to give this claim any merit, but it is comforting :D

Back