Windows 10 May Head To PC Makers In July

HardOCP News

[H] News
Some Russian guy on the internet says Windows 10 release to manufacturing has been confirmed for July. Who are his sources? No one knows. Yay for internet rumors!!

In a tweet on Wednesday, known Russian leaker Wzor said that the release of Windows 10 RTM has been confirmed for July 2015. RTM, or release to manufacturing, is the version of operating system software sent to PC makers and other manufacturers to test and install on their devices before it officially rolls out.

Most of my vendors at work are telling me July as well. Just in time for those Skylake builds.

just wait for the Chinese to release it on the net, they're the ones printing it to disk and burning.

Seems that just about every source is saying July at this point. It would probably be a big surprise if it's any later now.

This has been known for quite a while. I guess now it's 100% confirmed, though. Wzor says so. Before it was just 99%....

The geek in me hopes this is true.

The skeptic in me is going uh, can they actually do it?

Well, considering that the 10125 build seems pretty good, I think that is fine. The program makers just need to make sure their programs work with it. (Virtual Box is one I will use.)

I hope they have some significant UI polish on the line that isn't reflected in the latest preview build.

It's a million times better than vanilla 8/.1 but the UI and the new functions are not remotely configurable enough. The start menu itself is fine, with the exception of Cortana and the built-in search function.

Bing web results in local start menu/system search, I'm looking squarely at you. Through the sights of an RPG.

Wonder if DX12 will ship with it, or if that'll be another thing they "patch in later". Been awfully quiet on the DX12 front.

hmmm i wish theyd announce the damn surface pro 4 already so i can decide if i should keep or return the pro 3

Meh, whatever. I hope this really is going to be the last major OS change from Microsoft in a long time. I'm pretty sick of the whole thing with getting rid of an old OS and installing a new one or buying a computer that includes it to get the latest version. It's annoyingly frustrating to have to tinker with something that should just get me to the Internet where I can watch cat vids and otherwise stay out of the way of me doing stuff.

Wonder if DX12 will ship with it, or if that'll be another thing they "patch in later". Been awfully quiet on the DX12 front.

Direct X 12 is already part of the preview. I just ran DXDiag and it lists Direct X 12.

I hope they have some significant UI polish on the line that isn't reflected in the latest preview build.

Doesn't mater if everything is working or not, they will just keep releasing updates till its finished. :)

Back