Galactic Civilizations III thread

bloodhawke83

I Strike Fear into the Hearts of the Masses
Since Sid Meier failed making Civ5 in space, Sid Meier's Starships, i've been sitting on some Stardock emails with Galactic Civilizations III in it. I watch a lot of AngryJoeShow on youtube and i can mostly agree on some reviews but i like the "lets play" videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NuwuECGWkE

After watching this video, I really got into the game. still haven't bought it yet until i saw more gameplay and I came across this other youtube guy, Arumba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSPP4kZ6GOU&list=PLH-huzMEgGWDZDUHOhLQIITjHtjCThtjp

After like ten 20+ minute something videos of gameplay, i was sold. I bought the game. I already have 15 hours playing it and watched more of Arumba's videos.

I dream of playing this game now, I lost myself playing this game and you should too.

You can create custom races in this game. You just need a few pics and setup what type of people they are. I added, Geth from Mass Effect, Star Wars Sith Empire, Galactic Empire, StarFleet from Star Trek and EA Corp Commander from AngryJoeShow. :D

I really can't get enough of this game. its what Sid Meier's Starships should have been.

Still some issues and a lot of polish points in my opinion. But none of them have prevented me from enjoying the game. Stardock has always supported the galciv games for years after initial release with patches and expansions. And from the way the devs have been talking that is not going to stop. So it will only get better from here.

I created a quick and dirty custom race, called Earth First, xenophobic militants theme basically. Haven't played them myself but every game I've had them in they are one of my major opponents. Kind of annoying how well they do and always cause me problems. :)

Still some issues and a lot of polish points in my opinion. But none of them have prevented me from enjoying the game. Stardock has always supported the galciv games for years after initial release with patches and expansions. And from the way the devs have been talking that is not going to stop. So it will only get better from here.

I created a quick and dirty custom race, called Earth First, xenophobic militants theme basically. Haven't played them myself but every game I've had them in they are one of my major opponents. Kind of annoying how well they do and always cause me problems. :)

sith and the empire been on my ass in the last game i have running. i added starfleet to help me out while i play the Geth. i'm need more good guys to balance it out.

Is there any word on if Steam cloud is coming back? Would be nice to have that given it was kind of promised and I do play on the desktop at home and the tablet from time to time.
Would rather have steam just grab my save instead of me having to go snarf them manually via Teamviewer or via windows networking and the VPN.

Is there any word on if Steam cloud is coming back? Would be nice to have that given it was kind of promised and I do play on the desktop at home and the tablet from time to time.
Would rather have steam just grab my save instead of me having to go snarf them manually via Teamviewer or via windows networking and the VPN.

I don't see cloud support on mine.

Back