GTX 780 Reference Alternate Cooling Solution?

Calerid

n00b
Hey All,

I am a bit new to the forum. I am sorry if this is a repeat thread.

I have an EVGA 3GB Reference 780 (Titan Cooler). I am noticing however after a year that the temps are not where I would like (I couldn't OC if I wanted to). At max load playing a game like GTA V or Witcher 3 I am getting temps around 80c+. I would like to OC and not have to set the fan curve to 100% as the noise bothers the wife, and admittedly myself.

I am curious if there is a better 3rd party cooler I can purchase? I looked around and I honestly cannot afford a complete custom water cooling solution; However, if there is an AIO solution that covers the whole board I would most definitely look into this. If not I am looking for a full cooler like an ACX design with a dual or triple fan setup covering the full card (Can the built in reference fan controller even support 3 fans?).

Thanks for the replies in advance,

Titan cooler was excellent iirc. Did you try cleaning it?

Thanks very much for the reply Atrance5!

The cooler has honestly never done very well. Even if I literally set the blower to 100% I can maybe get to 75c from 80c in something like GTA V. It acts as more of an exhaust/blower forcing air out of the case.

I agree with atrance. Remove the shroud/cooler, clean the fan, clean/repaste gpu with some quality TIM, and see what happens with your temps then!

What kind of airflow do you have feeding your case?

The reference GTX 780 coolers are pretty decent. I keep my cards overclocked at 1110mhz and they float around 68-72c while gaming. My fan profile is set to not exceed 60% speed until 75c. I do keep it pretty cool in my house though, usually around 21c.

Back