The Witcher 3 PC Patch 1.04 Is Out Now

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Witcher 3 PC patch 1.04 is now available for download. Here is the list of changes:

• Rebinding of all keys is now available after switching on the ‘Unlock Bindings’ option in the Options\Key Bindings submenu.
  • Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused dialogue looping in certain scenes.
  • Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were affected by the Axii Sign.
  • Corrects a bug that caused spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
  • 1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displayed as a valid resolution option.
  • Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
  • Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.
  • Further improvements made in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
  • A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
  • Fixes an issue where users with usernames incorporating non-Latin characters were unable to import saves from The Witcher 2.
  • Includes a series of overall stability and performance improvements.
  • Fixes issues related to alt + tabbing and minimizing the game window.
  • Updates the game icon.
  • Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
  • Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could extend beyond the game borders in the UI.
  • Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
  • Introduces small tweaks in the UI for gwent.
  • Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.

Loving all these performance optimizations. I hope they come up with some quest bug fixes soon also.

I'm glad I waited to get this game. I'll give it another two weeks and jump in.

I know people were annoyed with the "downgrade controversy" but hats off to CDPR for at least holding to their usual form on the product support.

Mass effect 2/3, DA3, witcher 3....games I will not forget till my dying breath.

I'll buy this when it's $10.00 on Steam. By then it should be full of improvements and offer a better gaming experience.

I don't think buying games on release is worth it anymore.

Ditto...

Although I did preorder and not necessarily directly because of patches.
I'm like 2 items away from finishing my X99 build, one of those is either gonna be a 980Ti or a 390X...

Won't be playing until then and I'm glad to see that the game will be in much better shape when I do.

I'll buy this when it's $10.00 on Steam. By then it should be full of improvements and offer a better gaming experience.

This is why we can't have nice things. If everyone had that attitude, games like this wouldn't even get made, or would not include PC platform. This is also in part why consoles drive game development, sadly.

Plenty of crap "AAA" titles you could say "I'll just wait for cheap" but this is one of the rare titles that is worth every penny.

Ditto...

Although I did preorder and not necessarily directly because of patches.
I'm like 2 items away from finishing my X99 build, one of those is either gonna be a 980Ti or a 390X...

Won't be playing until then and I'm glad to see that the game will be in much better shape when I do.

Game has been perfectly playable from day one with no showstopping bugs. Each patch has just been addressing mostly nitpicks and refinements. Nothing wrong with waiting but the game is glorious even if you jump in now.

Yeah...
I'm chomping at the bit but...
I'm gonna wait till my X99 is built and just as a happenstance take advantage of the additional polish being given to the game in the meantime.

I have read about some quest glitches so hopefully those get handled.

Why do you think this game was delayed for release on the PC for months. They wanted it to be done right from the start and the fact that they are aggressively patching it is exceptional in this day of gaming company greed and bug-ridden releases. I'm downloading it from Steam as I write this because of the fantastic community of Youtube walk throughs. Looks fantastic and I can't wait to play it. I'm really happy about being allowed rebindings to. :D

Why do you think this game was delayed for release on the PC for months. They wanted it to be done right from the start and the fact that they are aggressively patching it is exceptional in this day of gaming company greed and bug-ridden releases. I'm downloading it from Steam as I write this because of the fantastic community of Youtube walk throughs. Looks fantastic and I can't wait to play it. I'm really happy about being allowed rebindings to. :D

They wanted to make money off of the consoles. This is standard practice with console and PC releases of the same game; PC always comes second.

The attitude displayed by the dev suggests that tons of them are true PC fans who are trying their darnedest to recover from the forceful hand of console pushers. No need to punish them if that's your intent. The game itself is great and by most accounts looks just as good as any other successful PC game. I am mostly waiting to buy this game because I've yet to play the first 2 and... I've no time :(

I like these performance patches, but the game has ran fine since I got it with the 1.01 version. I have an i7 sandybridge and a GTX 970 with a 24" monitor(1920x1200).

Can't have the settings maxed at heavily populated areas or for bigish fights, but can run on mostly high with the nvidia hairworks stuff on smoothly.

Maybe I'll be able to put everything to high now.

I had pre-ordered the game myself, but mainly because I am a huge sucker for pre-order bonuses (most pre-orders do not have any extras, so I never pre-order those, no point), and that I was already availing of the 20% off.

Given the way they run GoG, and how the first two games were, and the reviews they were getting on consoles a week before actual release, I figured it was a good thing to pre-order it a few days before it was released.

Would I do it again? Maybe, but the decision has nothing to do with the game itself, in fact, everything I have seen in the game, and everything I have seen CDPR doing, I will always do it again just basing on those. But the games backlog I have is so long that by the time I get to TW3 there may already be a few 50%off sales :p

Just bought this today and the opening intro and initial "mission" hooked me.. This is like the adult tables version of Skyrim.

I wish there was an FOV/camera adjustment like GTA 5, So far its a great game but I cant play more that 20 mins at a time without getting a headache :(

This game runs absolutely perfectly even on my aging PC. Now if only Rockstar could have made there game on a older engine run this well on the PC, looking at you GTA V.

This game is worth the full price. The game, minus few instabilities which are now fixed, ran mostly beautifully since day one. And the downgrade controversy turned out to be for nothing. Changes happened but the game is still the most beautiful PC game out there that I know of.

The one who fucked up royally was Nvidia with its subpar driver and gameworks related crap.

if you have an Nvidia Maxwell card the game will run perfectly...if you have an older Nvidia card or an AMD card then you might run into some performance issues...very few games are worth full price these days, this is one of them (along with any new Dark Souls game)...that being said you don't have to pay anywhere close to full price and can easily get the game for around $25 by searching the For Sale section of this and other forums

No, trust me. There's nothing you should be waiting for. These patches aren't making broad sweeping changes. They're minor at best. The game is fine and you should already be enjoying it!

This is why we can't have nice things. If everyone had that attitude, games like this wouldn't even get made, or would not include PC platform. This is also in part why consoles drive game development, sadly.

Plenty of crap "AAA" titles you could say "I'll just wait for cheap" but this is one of the rare titles that is worth every penny.

I wholeheartedly agree with the game being worth every penny. I see people saying they're waiting for it to go on sale. Honestly you're missing out so bad not playing it.

Unlock All Bindings is now an option?? SWEEEEET!!

Oh man, I just played TW3 all day yesterday, and probably blocked it from patching while I did that. Totally could have fixed all my bindings the way I wanted them but didn't know that.

I'll be checking all my settings again before I start playing tonight.

I still don't get why they had locked bindings to begin with - definitely my biggest (maybe only) problem with the game.

This game runs absolutely perfectly even on my aging PC. Now if only Rockstar could have made there game on a older engine run this well on the PC, looking at you GTA V.

A lot of that has to do with vram usage. GTA V has way better draw distance. Witcher 3 has tons of pop ins. I would prefer witcher 3 to have a distance slider to get rid of some of the pop ins but afraid it probably won't run more than 30 fps

I see people saying they're waiting for it to go on sale. Honestly you're missing out so bad not playing it.
Playing a single-player game at a later date is not "missing out" :rolleyes:

Just downloaded the patch, with details at all ultra barring hairworks, most of the post processing off except for AA and bloom, the game looks stunning and with very little hiccups.

Though I imagine they optimised by lowering the details or number of models used for vegetation, a lot of things like ivy tend to move in a large block.

Playing a single-player game at a later date is not "missing out" :rolleyes:

He's just showing his excitement by saying that it's so great, that it should be played right now. I agree 100%.

I bought it on steam when it went on sale for 15% off. I wish i could give the 15% off back to them. They deserve it.

Have they pulled the patch? It's not linked in the article and it's not available in the download area.

Every time I play this game I think "wow I really don't know how they are selling this for $60, this is really too much content for the price"

Anyone who is holding back just based on patches should jump in, its awesome.

Mass effect 2/3, DA3, witcher 3....games I will not forget till my dying breath.

1) I am assuming you are limiting that list to modern games only.
2) I am assuming at least one of those will never be forgotten due to the horrible...effect...its very existence had on the universe.

I have a dumb question:

I didn't know patch 1.03 was out....and now there's 1.04. I installed 1.04 without thinking "do I need to install 1.03".

So do these patches need to be installed sequentially because now I have 1.04 and I never installed 1.03 and now it won't let me install 1.03....

Back