European Regulators Tackle Facebook Over Privacy

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like Facebook is the latest in a long line of American companies that have caught the eye of European regulators.

At least five data protection watchdogs across the region are questioning Facebook's privacy settings. And in a case that could have broad implications for many tech companies, the region's top court will issue a preliminary decision next month on whether Facebook can continue transferring user data between Europe and the United States.

Simple solution: don't use facebook.

Trollololol....?

Doesn't work that way. Facebook already has an account waiting for you with all of your info from tracking/spying on you for years, which your friends and family have also been contributing to by tagging every picture you're in.

Nope. I don't use facebook, and I have every facebook IP I can find blocked in my hosts file.

Yeah,it really does.

Hard to spy on me when their requests get redirected to localhost.

You don't seem to get it at all. Thanks to the people that know you and are on the site, fb has plenty of your info regardless of what you do.

No, I do get it. And they *don't* have the info you think they do. You appear to have this idea that everyone has a billion photos taken of them or are in a billion photos, and that they all get tagged. That's not true for me.

You may have a darker tan which could confuse the algorithm used. Whether you believe it or not, FB does have a shadow profile for unregistered people it is aware of thanks to other morons.

Back