Crucial MX200 Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Vortez has posted a review of the Crucial MX200 SSD today for those of you interested. Here's a quote from the review:

The MX200 comes in a variety of storage sizes along with 3 form factors (2.5", mSATA and M.2) but only the standard 2.5" variant is currently available with the full 1TB of storage space. All of the drives come with Extreme Energy Efficiency technology, Adaptive Thermal Protection and Exclusive Data Defence along with a useful 3 year warranty.

My new Crucial CT500MX200SSD6 drive is working very well, so far, for about one month.

When installed, I used HDClone Pro Ver. 5.3.6 to transfer all my old boot drive data over to the CT 500 GB M.2 type SATA drive, which took 6 minutes, and 13 seconds to accomplish, and to verify (Most likely the free version of HDClone would have done so too, but I didn't want to wait around for four, and a half hours, for it to do so?).

Before I could finish physically installing the Crucial M.2 type SATA SSD, I had to file out the semi-circular hold down cut out area, before the hold down screw could line up with the threads in the hold down bracket? Don't know whether the Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3 MB dimensions are screwed up, or the Crucial people screwed theirs up?

I didn't see this version of the Crucial MX200 SSD included in the review, but in all the 20 plus years I have used Crucial products (Mostly Memory) I have never encountered a single problem, or defect, with any I have used!

Please 1TB drop below $300 in price please... The BX line even.....then i can willfully ditch every mechanical drive i own. Was all that talk about 3D nand and how it would drop prices in 2015.. here we are in May already....still waiting

Was all that talk about 3D nand and how it would drop prices in 2015..

We have to wait till Intel/Micron and Toshiba have their 3D NAND used in SSDs later this year.

Back