750 Ti 4k 4:4:4

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

Is it possible to get 60p 4k 4:4:4 through the display port on an EVGA 750 Ti GPU? If so, could I go from DP on the GPU to HDMI 2.0 on the TV using a HDMI -> DP cable?

While I realize the GPU wont be any good for gaming at 4k. I do use the TV connected to my HTPC as a PC as well as watch movies on it.

Is it possible to get 60p 4k 4:4:4 through the display port on an EVGA 750 Ti GPU? If so, could I go from DP on the GPU to HDMI 2.0 on the TV using a HDMI -> DP cable?

While I realize the GPU wont be any good for gaming at 4k. I do use the TV connected to my HTPC as a PC as well as watch movies on it.

This Startech adapter should work. I'm not sure if it'll do 4:4:4 - that doesn't matter for movies, but it might matter for desktop work. You could try e-mailing Startech to find out.

That adapter says 4k @ 30hz.

That's fine for movies and light desktop work. As far as I can tell, there's no DP1.2 -> HDMI 2.0 adapter that does 4K/60Hz yet. Your other choice is to upgrade to a 9xx card for HDMI 2.0.

Do all 9xx cards have HDMI 2.0? I have two 970s in my main rig. Do any other cards, higher end cards, do HDMI 2.0? Something that can be a single card like an older Titan or 690?

Do all 9xx cards have HDMI 2.0? I have two 970s in my main rig. Do any other cards, higher end cards, do HDMI 2.0? Something that can be a single card like an older Titan or 690?

Only the 900 series cards have HDMI 2.0.

It'd probably be in your best interest to wait for newer cards, or pick up a GTX 960. GM206 GPUs actually have full HEVC decoding, so it'd pretty much future-proof for an HTPC.

Back