New God of War III Remastered Trailer in 1080p/60fps

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
You are about to receive another bite of the God of War 3 apple on July 15th in the US and this time around it will be an apple full of 1080p and 60 fps goodness. There is also a hint of an upcoming announcement for a brand new God of War title at E3 on June 16th. :cool:

I wish Sony would take a page from Microsoft in regards to remasters. Launch problems aside, Halo MCC was a remarkable value having four full games in it (one of which being a complete remake, not just a 1080p60 port) for $60. But here we have a single God of War game, with what appears to be nothing more than a bump in resolution, for $40. A game that I can right now buy a used PS3 copy of for $5. This is not even close to worth $40.

If they did a complete remake of GOW 1 and 2 to the quality of 3, and then also upscaled both 3 and Ascention, I'd part with my $60 without batting an eye. Honestly, I'd probably pay $60 just for GOW 1 and 2 if they did a proper remake. But this charging a fortune for this bump in resolution shit is nonsense.

Keep an eye out for every game you enjoyed from PS3 and maybe some PS2 games to get a fresh coat of paint on it and re-released for $60. Thanks a lot Sony / MS!

Keep an eye out for every game you enjoyed from PS3 and maybe some PS2 games to get a fresh coat of paint on it and re-released for $60. Thanks a lot Sony / MS!

Outside of rare gems like Bloodborne on PS4, it's like this is the console generation of remakes, isn't it. No imagination just copy paste. And I guess it's working..? For people that want their favorite games on their new console. But something about it is pretty hollow.

Outside of rare gems like Bloodborne on PS4, it's like this is the console generation of remakes, isn't it. No imagination just copy paste. And I guess it's working..? For people that want their favorite games on their new console. But something about it is pretty hollow.

Every console generation is another console generation of remakes. PS3 and PS2 are just scattered with TONS of remasters or remakes.

This is not new. PS4 is still in its infancy. Its a different landscape but this behavior is old hat.

The Sony re masters are $40.

TLOU was $50 (it was originally $60 and they dropped the price by $10 just before it released). I imagine that's the exception rather than the rule, given how new the game was and how highly praised it was.

Either way, i'd still rather pay $60 for a large amount of content and/or a game actually completely remade versus $40 for a bump in resolution.

That boss has some seriously resilient shins.

The lighting looked pretty good in that video. I don't mind paying again for re-skinned games as long as they are done well. I enjoyed the updated PS3 versions of God of War 1+2, worth the $20.

I have mixed feelings on remasters. This one looks good, but given I already beat the game more than a few times, playing it in HD isn't that valuable to me. If they want to sell remasters outright for $50-60 then that is fine for new buyers or those who already traded in their old copies. However to sell me on something like this I'm paying $20 tops as it really is just a new coat of paint so to speak. I would happily include my PS3 version in trade to reach that $20, but that is my value. Outside of that, I'll watch a couple youtube videos like this and call it a day.

Back