The Witcher 3 PC Patch Released

HardOCP News

[H] News
CD Projekt RED released version 1.03 patch for the PC today. The web site is currently down for scheduled maintenance, but you can read the patch notes below:

The patch 1.03 has just been released and is now available for all PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The update introduces a range of stability and performances enhancements as well as allows users to take advantage of some additional graphics settings. Please find the detailed list of fixes below:

• Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
  • Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
  • Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
  • Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
  • Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
  • Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
  • Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
  • Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
  • Improves menu handling
  • Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
  • Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occured when scrolling the map
  • Generally improves world map focus
  • Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
  • Corrects some missing translations in the UI
  • Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
  • Rostan Muggs is back
  • Minor SFX improvements

The console version of the patch is coming and will be available very soon.

I'm interested to see how much perf gains come from the hairworks optimization, it was a 40% cost on my 970 when I tried it. Will need to be 10% or less for me to use it, for what it offers.

I'm interested to see how much perf gains come from the hairworks optimization, it was a 40% cost on my 970 when I tried it. Will need to be 10% or less for me to use it, for what it offers.

Yep, that's what I took out of the patch notes as well.

Blah
Blah
Hairworks Improvements!!!!!!!
Blah
Blah

My favorite fix is:
So... you improved performance everywhere then?

My favorite fix is:
So... you improved performance everywhere then?

I am OUTRAGED that they haven't improved performance in the menus.

Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard

And they built this for PCs first, right? Pffft.

I am OUTRAGED that they haven't improved performance in the menus.

Luckily for you...

• Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
  • Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
  • Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
  • Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
  • Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
  • Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
  • Improves menu handling

I've tested the new patch. If you go back after the patch and alter the hairwork aa back from 8x to 4x and you have an overclocked 980 gtx... you're gonna be 50-60 fps with literally every option turned on including HBAO+ It's been pretty noticeable for me..

oops, forgot to mention, when i say 50-60 fps, i mean a large majority of the time it's 55+ it drops to 50 where it used to drop to 40-45 before.

Witcher 2 was built for PC from ground up and yet it too was IMHO meant to be played on controller. Combat with keyboard was really clumsy.

I have no problems with a controller based PC game. I dont think gamepad being a preferred method of input has anything to do with PC or not these days.

Witcher 2 was built for PC from ground up and yet it too was IMHO meant to be played on controller. Combat with keyboard was really clumsy.

As much as I like the KB/M I think people need to start getting used to the idea of using a controller. I think that will end up being more of the norm than KB/M on the PC going forward.

As much as I like the KB/M I think people need to start getting used to the idea of using a controller. I think that will end up being more of the norm than KB/M on the PC going forward.

Only for games which really benefit from them, though, which absolutely isn't all of them. But the big advantage on the PC is being able to use either. Witcher 3 is a good example of a game which will let you switch on the fly (showing the correct control prompts etc).

+1 for playing this with a controller.

Maybe its just me but I feel controllers are meant for third person games. I’ll do KB/M all day on first person game no problem.

Only third person games I can think of that feel right with a controller are much older PC games like the original Thief.

KB/M controls for this game do suck ass... A big advantage of the mouse in games like these is being able to change your camera angle quickly and independently of your actions.

KB/M controls for this game do suck ass... A big advantage of the mouse in games like these is being able to change your camera angle quickly and independently of your actions.

However in this game, like it does in Arkham games and dark souls, you dont really need to do that. You aim the direction of the attack (or dodge) with left stick (which with keyboard limits you to 8 directions) and if you need to focus your attention to one enemy you can lock the camera to him. Only benefit mouse has is precise and faster aiming but since this game is about melee combat it doesnt use it other than for crossbow. Using KB/M limits you because keyboard is trying to do the job of an analog control device.

However in this game, like it does in Arkham games and dark souls, you dont really need to do that. You aim the direction of the attack (or dodge) with left stick (which with keyboard limits you to 8 directions) and if you need to focus your attention to one enemy you can lock the camera to him. Only benefit mouse has is precise and faster aiming but since this game is about melee combat it doesnt use it other than for crossbow. Using KB/M limits you because keyboard is trying to do the job of an analog control device.

That's why I think KB/M controls suck ass. I'm using an Xbox One controller.

I basically use a Xbox 360 controller for any game that isn't and fps or mmo. Even then I find when I say fps I mean online against other real players. I'll still use a controller in a single player fps

I basically use a Xbox 360 controller for any game that isn't and fps or mmo. Even then I find when I say fps I mean online against other real players. I'll still use a controller in a single player fps

Just want to sit back in the chair, huh?

Back