Another Overwatch Gameplay Trailer

LOL, BAMF belt buckle! I need to check amazon and buy one for myself, hah!

There was nothing in this gameplay trailer that looked unique or ground breaking in any shape, fashion, or form... I guess I need to read more about how this game sets itself apart but from this video I am zero percent interested unless it's FREE.

I think it looks pretty cool, it does resemble a lot like Borderlands though.

Wow I'm already hooked, I love twitch shooters like these. Very Team Fortressy. Never heard of this game before know, looking forward to it.

It does look at lot like TF2, but a bit better in graphics. Though something tells me that TF2 will have female versions of their characters soon after this game is released, cause this game will take a lot of thunder away.

It does look at lot like TF2, but a bit better in graphics. Though something tells me that TF2 will have female versions of their characters soon after this game is released, cause this game will take a lot of thunder away.

I would guess that anyone who chooses their FPS based on whether they can play a female or not would not be very serious about FPS games in the first place.

You might be right about Valve looking at Overwatch as competition though because we've already heard that the TF2 team is working on some sort of competitive match-making system (6v6m highlander, etc.), and Overwatch is designed for 6v6, not as a replacement for 24- or 32-player TF2.

Where's the variety? Looks like each character is stuck on the same weapon...always. How boring.

I think there is a lot of cooldowns / sideabilities going on that you cannot actually notice all that well unless you're the one knowledgeably activating or using them.

This is an Early Build too.

I'm looking forward to this. It has a good feel and flow to it. Looks pretty polished already.

I though this was going to be a PvE but it looks like noobified TDM to me. A single weapon? REALLY?

I guess that's the future.

Oh, that's Blizzards FPMOBA. Oh, I get it now. I thought it was Epic's game lol

I would guess that anyone who chooses their FPS based on whether they can play a female or not would not be very serious about FPS games in the first place.
You're talking about TF2 where the whole game now is about hats. The way your character looks is gonna be a big appeal.
You might be right about Valve looking at Overwatch as competition though because we've already heard that the TF2 team is working on some sort of competitive match-making system (6v6m highlander, etc.), and Overwatch is designed for 6v6, not as a replacement for 24- or 32-player TF2.
Overwatch is probably going to be free and going to use some sort of monetization to get income. The ability to sell clothing and customization to those characters is gonna play a big role.

Mann vs. Machine for example is a totally different method to play the game except for me it's hella boring. The whole official vs unofficial server thing doesn't sit well with me either. Not sure how others feel about that mode of TF2 but I was turned off from the clear money sucking sound I could gear while playing the game. Also still boring.

A single weapon? REALLY?

If every character has the same skill with all weapons, then it is no reason to have "character" for the characters if all they serve to be is just skins. Why have a gun-slinger Western character if he can use a crossbow or swords? It just doesn't fit. It breaks and seems generic, no matter how good the game looks. I would refuse to play if this was the case. You loose the feel of the character...

These kinds of character designs fit well with the limited themed loadout. Obviously the weapons will have multiple uses. Learning the strength and weaknesses of a character type invites exploration.

I though this was going to be a PvE but it looks like noobified TDM to me. A single weapon? REALLY?

So TF2 is "noobified TDM"?

I swear if it's not one complaint it's another.

If you give every character every weapon, then there's no point in having different characters. There are tons of FPS games where your loadout is limited, and even something like battlefield is kinda of the same. Really the only difference is that they use 1 weapon model in this, instead different models for a main weapon, sidearm, and utility item. Having different classes or loadouts in an FPS forces you to think about what you have, and how to use it against a different class. I guess you didn't bother to notice that the single weapon you're complaining about didn't act like say... an M16 fro CoD or BF that only has 1 attack and maybe an option to change between semi/burst/auto, with only 1 attack that did a single specified amount of damage. It even goes beyond the "single weapon" with regards to player mobility, and even defensive capability differing between characters.

Sure, there's quake, UT, etc. and those games are fun. But not every FPS needs to be the same. Want a different weapon? Play as a different character.

Back