Intel Climbs To #4 In 2015 Gartner Supply Chain Top 25

HardOCP News

[H] News
Gartner Research began ranking company's supply chains a decade ago in order to identify companies that best demonstrate leadership in applying demand-driven principles to drive business results. This week Gartner announced 2015 rankings at their annual Gartner Supply Chain Executive Conference in Phoenix, Arizona. This is the seventh consecutive year Intel has been named one of the top 25. See Gartner's press release to see who else made it into the top 25 this year, and see Gartner's supply chain web page for more info.

It's good to see that the dead PC industry is doing somewhat OK, for Intel at least. ;) I wanted to snark on the these types of self-congratulatory "awards", but I can only manage a half-snark.

Part of the methodology is objective (at least if in the top 500 largest global business), but half of it is peer voting. The objective part considers:

Return on assets (ROA) — Net income / total assets
Inventory turns — Cost of goods sold / inventory
Revenue growth — Change in revenue from prior year

I don't even how this is supposed to identify supply chain superstars.

"...leadership in applying demand-driven principles to drive business results..."

Does this actually translate into English for anyone beside marketing majors or lawyers?

"...leadership in applying demand-driven principles to drive business results..."

Does this actually translate into English for anyone beside marketing majors or lawyers?

Neither of those 2 you mentioned would have any idea what this means, however ask a supply chain manager and it has meaning. However its got to be very subjective. Any time someone says leadership.... How do you measure leadership?

Back