Ubisoft Ditches Xbox 360 And PS3 Development

HardOCP News

[H] News
Now that Ubisoft is discontinuing development for last-gen consoles, maybe the company can put out games that aren't as horribly broken as their last few games.

Ubisoft will no longer release games for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, except for its casual rhythm series Just Dance. The company confirmed the move last night during a financial call with investors, and explained that it would focus on the current generation of consoles and PC from here on out.

Last edited:
As long as those next generation games are upto the high standards and quality that was Assassin's Creed Unity...oh...

As long as those next generation games are upto the high standards and quality that was Assassin's Creed Unity...oh...
ZING!

I was going to say, Unity was developed exclusively for current gen platforms and look how well that turned out...

I'm surprised anyone is developing for PS3 and Xbox 360 now, we're nearly 2 years in to the current generation.

I guess it's good that a major developer is full-on pulling the plug. Most other developers are still casually making last-gen games. Hell, looking at most current-gen games it feels like we're still playing games that started out as 360/PS3 games.

ZING!

I was going to say, Unity was developed exclusively for current gen platforms and look how well that turned out...
I think that may have had to do more with management shoving it out the door, ready or not.

That is fine. I cannot tell you the last time I bought a PC Ubisoft game since my experience with the Ubiplay software was terrible. I did buy Assassins Creed: Blackflag on sale for the 360 and it plays just fine. What I am surprised at is how well the 360 has held up and the ton of cheap games you can buy for it.

I have a gaming PC, the Xbox One, the 360 and the Xbox Original. I just do not have the time to play games like I used to.

Hey Ubisoft, if you're going to keep trying to overload us with new Assassin's Creed games every year and skimp out on quality control, it's not really going to matter which consoles you're developing for.

That's weird... why would they even consider to continue development on a platform that has a 95% piracy rate?

I'm surprised anyone is developing for PS3 and Xbox 360 now, we're nearly 2 years in to the current generation.

over 80 million units a piece sold. There's still some systems in active use. PS2 games were still sold until late 2013.

over 80 million units a piece sold. There's still some systems in active use. PS2 games were still sold until late 2013.

Plus the fact that PS3 and Xbox 360 systems are still for sale and being improved. You can now use up to 2TB of external drives on a 360 which is excellent. (This is considering now big and how many digital game downloads are available. This is including the 2 free games a month that are available for Xbox live Gold members. :) )

Back