Crossover 2795QHD: PWM/Flikcer Free Overclock-able Matte 1440p AH-IPS

NCX

Supreme [H]ardness
Product Page (Korean).

The Crossover 2795QHD uses a 27" 2560x1440 resolution 8 Bit matte LG AH-IPS panel and can be overclocked. The Crossover 2795 does not use LED PWM Dimming unlike the Qnix/X-Star monitors, has excellent colour presets, high contrast and fast pixel response times. Its main downside is the use of a glossy black bezel which ruins the perceived black depth (Microsoft Paint Example & Monitor Example). Unfortunately, most Korean monitors use glossy black bezels, as do expensive monitors like the Acer XB270HU :(

Review by Playerwares
. (Korean)
OCN Thread
Overclocking Guide for AMD & Nvidia.
Best 27" 2560x1440 Monitors

The Qnix/X-Star use LED PWM Dimming which ruins motion clarity (example) and cause some people to suffer from health issues like headaches and eyestrain. PWM Side Effects. Blur Busters 60hz vs. 120hz.

Last edited:
Interesting, can't stand the flickering at low brightness levels on my X-Star

I wonder if the matte coating is semi glossy

I wonder if this would have less motion blur than my x-star. I've gotten back into more FPS' lately and it feels like I'm playing with vasoline on the screen even at 96hz

Are these the b stock of the new acer and asus 144hz panels?

So tempted to buy this and see how it performs.

Looks intriguing. I'm hunting for an upgrade to my Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSB(B) as it has really bad glare and gives me eyestrain. Also not so impressed by the colors on it.

So i'll be watching for further reviews on this Crossover.... Like a hawk :D

What does 75hz Real Clock Function mean??

Interesting.

A glossy black bezel may be a downside but it's within our control to fix, as opposed to some hardware limitation.

And fairly priced on Ebay atm. Going to keep an eye on this one, thank you for the heads up.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1860662

Looks like a possible variant. Nice to see some new monitors hit the market.

The Sakwa uses Plasma Deposition Coating and likely does not overclock since the other 27QW monitors do not.

NCX, when do you think you might get your hands on either one of these, or both?

Never. I can't afford to buy one and don't want to deal with selling them for a loss since I already have monitors I need to sell, one (120hz overclocked 27" 1440p matte AH-IPS with custom painted bezel) of which is very similar to the 2795QHD.

Any info on the 27Gamekill (27게임킬 IPS LED) Link

Looks to be multi-input (DVI, HDMI & VGA) and regular IPS vs AH-IPS. The pictures claim 120hz (overclocked?) but the specs say 60hz max. Comparied to the 2795QHD which claims 100hz (overclocked?) in pictures and 75hz max in specs.

I don't read Korean so, this is just what I gathered..

previous " flicker free" koreans used software solutions to simulate brightness control, instead of a proper backlight intensity control. This in turn messed with both gamma and lowered contrast a lot.

before someone praises this monitor it would be prudent to double that it is not a lemon like ALL previous " flicker free" koreans.

Any info on the 27Gamekill (27게임킬 IPS LED) Link

Looks to be multi-input (DVI, HDMI & VGA) and regular IPS vs AH-IPS. The pictures claim 120hz (overclocked?) but the specs say 60hz max. Comparied to the 2795QHD which claims 100hz (overclocked?) in pictures and 75hz max in specs.

I don't read Korean so, this is just what I gathered..

There's about a 99% chance it drops frames at 120hz.

previous " flicker free" koreans used software solutions to simulate brightness control, instead of a proper backlight intensity control. This in turn messed with both gamma and lowered contrast a lot.

before someone praises this monitor it would be prudent to double that it is not a lemon like ALL previous " flicker free" koreans.

It would also be prudent to check the review I linked as well as reviews of other Korean monitors before claiming they all have this issue. All Crossovers are PWM free and have proper brightness controls, as does the original Achieva, FIRST FSM-270YV, MOTV M2700, Yamakasi Catleap, Qnix UHD 325, ect...

after using gsync for 3 weeks, I can never go back to abomination style gaming.

A week goes by and the original 27 Gamekill is off the product page and the 27 Gamekill 3 is listed (27게임킬3 DP) Link

This one again says 120hz but is AH-IPS, matte and multi-input including DP. I see a bunch of links to Korean sellers.

Another frame skipper?

So i stumbled upon this monitor on newegg. Believe it is the same monitor. Lists it as 27QHD instead of 2795QHD. It looks really promising and would be something cheap yet good to hold me over until 4K monitors really hit mainstream pricing. getting tired of my Dell U2410s. They are only 60hz and I feel the backlights are dimming a bit as well.

Does anyone know the warranties on these things?

The OCN thread has lots of positive user feedback so far. It may be too soon to say but it looks like the next Qnix 2710.

Owners have provided proof of no lost frames at 110hz. No PWM. Nice antiglare coat (Not too thick).

The only problem I see is the AMD Fury X doesn't have DVI ports (RETARDED!)

EDIT: Thanks to NCX to pointing this out. Also thanks for your detailed reviews of the Korean monitors.

Last edited:
Just bought one on amazon. should get it some time next week. Will report back when it comes in. However I am no monitor guru. I have 3 asus vw266H that I have been perfectly happy with. Just wanted to clean up my desk and I'm sick of having to disable eyefinity for 1/2 my games anyways.

And the DVI will give me a good reason not to rush out and upgrade to fury lol.

Mine came in today. Took 3 days via amazon with the $10 extra rush shipping option. Was worried that it wasn't double boxed. Just the retail packaging with some light foam wrapped around it. Everything was in good shape tho. Stand sucks as expected, bezel bends when adjusting tilt. No dead pixels which was my major concern.

Picture looks great but other than customers imacs and my old 24" tn panels I don't have much to compare it to. Brightness was maxxed out of the box causing my eyes to bleed a little bit lol.

Edit: runs at 96hz fine. I haven't looked into figuring out timings and buying new cables to go any farther yet. I also don't have a good camera to test for frame skipping but my cellphone seemed to work and showed no skipping.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to re-ask an already answered questions but I see this monitor selling for 200 and expected tax in the country bumping it to total of 250. Am I still getting a better deal for this price than your average brands like BenQ, LG, Samsung, Dell etc...? In the Ebay descriptions it says it comes with only DVI link port so I suspect an adapter won't work at all to plug the occasional customer pc if I need to take a look? They even mention DVI from onboard video like say Intel HD 4000 maybe incompatible :| Not sure what to do as I haven't been in the monitor business for quiet a while. Im just getting out of CRT usage as my Sony Trinitron finally packed up, no more 160hz goodness but then again I no longer game. That's why my initial thought on going IPS so I can do more work on my desktop and get possibly more true colors during prints. Any suggestions welcomed.

If you don't want to bother with overclocking i wouldn't get this monitor. That is this things selling point. There are models with HDMI and such, but they don't have the overclocking ability. Only will run 60HZ stock.
Like this one

But not really much of a warranty unless you want to send it back to Korea.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back