LEGO Super Star Destroyer Shattered at 1000 fps

That poor angled piece that got bent on impact.

Also, how many of the film crew do you think ended up with cylindrical imprints on their feet from stepping of the shattered destroyer's remains?

Also, how many of the film crew do you think ended up with cylindrical imprints on their feet from stepping of the shattered destroyer's remains?

That's the true evil in this event

I kinda want one now, but not quite enough to pay $800 for one.

Oh, man, that is painful to watch...

I bought every original trilogy Star Wars LEGO set from their initial release through about 2004, barring the insanely expensive "Ultimate Collectors" sets (of course, looking back, I wish I had! They're worth a fortune now!)

My daughter, playing with my Millennium Falcon, dropped it. While it didn't do the "complete shatter" like this, it still broke in to plenty of pieces. I never have gotten it fully reassembled properly...

7/10 - The smashing was cool, but they lose points for not making the impact target look like the surface of the Death Star.

I kinda want one now, but not quite enough to pay $800 for one.

Oh, man, that is painful to watch...

I bought every original trilogy Star Wars LEGO set from their initial release through about 2004, barring the insanely expensive "Ultimate Collectors" sets (of course, looking back, I wish I had! They're worth a fortune now!)

My daughter, playing with my Millennium Falcon, dropped it. While it didn't do the "complete shatter" like this, it still broke in to plenty of pieces. I never have gotten it fully reassembled properly...

As a lego fanatic when a kid. The thing is for as expensive as the lego SSD official kit is, and boy is it...the geometry of it is completely wrong in every manner. For $800 and something officially licensed, I'd damn well want something that is pretty damn close. There have been a few fans who've made better SSDs on their own.

That being said...some of them are fucking huge, but utterly amazing

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=90341

7/10 - The smashing was cool, but they lose points for not making the impact target look like the surface of the Death Star.

This.

That poor angled piece that got bent on impact.

anyone who's ever stepped on a lego, barefoot at night... knows that they are a tool of the devil!!!

I've actually had this happen before with my 3500 piece Death Star II Lego set, one of my cats knocked it over a few years ago and it exploded even worse than the Destroyer did, so bad that I literally just got it rebuilt a few days ago after finally doing inventory on it and order a couple replacement pieces.

I admit I cried a little on the inside when I saw it fall to its death. On the other hand it looked like a nice set and props to devil_trigger for the awesome Death Star.

...There have been a few fans who've made better SSDs on their own.

That being said...some of them are fucking huge, but utterly amazing

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=90341

It was never built. LDD is Lego Digital Designer. He "built" the set on a computer. He explained that he didn't have the money, nor the pieces, to actually build it at the time....and seems that 16months later, he still doesnt.
Would be incredible though if he did.

Looks like something we would all do as a kid. (Minus the $800 of course. :D )

Where can you buy that? I want!

All the sets I see do not look at good as what was destroyed in the video.

Back