XFX Radeon R9 280X TDFD 3GB

HardOCP News

[H] News
The review editors at Real Hardware Reviews have a pair of XFX R9 280X TDFD 3GB cards on the test bench today for a little review action.

Even with the latest rash of ultra-high end video cards, custom AMD R9 280X’ers are still a fan favorite for PC gaming enthusiasts. Put simply you get good performance and loads of overclocking headroom at a price that is damn reasonable. In fact the price is so reasonable that you can pick up two of these video cards for less than what a high end NVIDIA card will set you back.

At 1080P and 60Hz, Tahiti still has a lot of life to give. I'll upgrade mine when I upgrade to a better monitor.

It's a magical place. :D

XS5LK.jpg

An apt quote considering they are resurrecting dead silicon. Wasn't the 280x discontinued in favor of the 285?

nope.. it was the vanilla R9 280. I think AMD had a plan to replace the R9 280X with a R9 285X.. but that plan never materialized..

Dual 7970s here. Is there anything I can't run at 1920x1200?

Tried triple monitor on a few games, but it was just weird because I have a 23" 1680x1050, a 23.6" 1920x1080, and a 24" 1920x1200. May try it again for the extra FOV.

the problem isn't run or not run a game, I hardly think in a GPU that can't actually run a game.. the problem its how much smooth can you play with varying settings.. the only problem that i see with this card (280X) are the 3GB vRAM (which also was a big hit by AMD taking in consideration how old the 7970 proven a lot of future proofing) which can be a problem with most recent games causing stuttering... you have easy the power to run anything maxed out at 1920x1200 but even with the power to max the games you may encounter a unpleasant experience due vRAM capacity...

Back