Hollywood Urged Prime Minister To Keep DVD Ripping Illegal

HardOCP News

[H] News
Would you expect anything different? If Hollywood had its way, you'd have to pay royalties every time you remembered a movie or song.

A few months ago the UK Government legalized copying of MP3s, CDs and DVDs for personal use, as that would be in the best interest of consumers. A common sense decision for many, but leaked emails now show that Hollywood fiercely protested the changes behind the scenes.

Heard that about a rich guy one of our vendors setup a big movie theater in his house for, that he owned a crapton of blurays all bought and paid for, but when they made it clear there are limits and slowness with even a carousel bluray player which is also expensive, that he had them install a small home server. Pretty sure the intent at that point was to just download copies someone had already ripped for him, or rip his own. So hilarious when pirates get such a superior experience compared to people that pay for their media... *facepalm*

What would the UK government care about the interests of Hollywood?

What would the UK government care about the interests of Hollywood?
For the same reason that the US government cares about the interests of Israel. They have spheres of influence that aren't geographically limited, and can lobby heavily anywhere in the world they feel they need to.

Guess Hwood is betting/paying for Cameron to win the election. Oh and don't forget about all the horseshit in the tpp.

So when Hollywood kicks and screams about consumer rights you know the gov't is doing it right, but when Verizon/ATT whines they clearly have your best interest at heart.

"I'm not making enough money from the activity that I have a passion for. I'm going to completely abandon it, and get a 9-5 job."
- no musician ever

So how does an sd dvd look recorded from a 4k camcorder? They are wasting their energies.

Back