ISPs Ordered to Block Popcorn Time Sites

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Popcorn Time, an open-sourced BitTorrent client carried by streaming services like Netflix, has been ordered to be blocked by ISPs across the United Kingdom. The action in the UK could be the beginning of movements outside of the UK to institute similar rulings.

It is manifest that the Popcorn Time application is used in order to watch pirated content on the internet and indeed it is also manifest that that is its purpose. No-one really uses Popcorn Time in order to watch lawfully available content.

A court has ordered Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to block access to websites associated with the Popcorn Time software.

So basically they're blocking access to the .exe file.... brilliant!

On behalf of these people I would like to thank them to alerting me to another avenue of entertainment...

Seriously, they just blocked five domains? If you're going to ban it, at least do it properly.

Honestly, Hola allows me to stream torrents straight from magnet links, that (to me) seems to be superior. Not that I would ever do something like that. Purely for research purposes.

Good thing we don't have the government deeply interweaving itself into the internet here. Oh, wait...

Back