Leaked AMD Roadmap Schedules?

If they actually do release on this schedule, it could be competitive.

But I don't have any confidence on AMD releasing their new 14nm chips on time, regardless or not if these are legitimate slides.

But I don't have any confidence on AMD releasing their new 14nm chips on time, regardless or not if these are legitimate slides.

I dunno by the time they get to that process intel is looking at 10 nm and 8nm... so it is not like amd won't be sending the chip to an unproven technology...

if amd has any hope the zen core will either beat or match intel's best step for step clock for clock but my bet is amd will beat them in both price and speed. They have had 4 years to have the main team design a killer chip from scratch while the b team kept bulldozer going.

we are looking at 1 socket to cover all desktop forms and 2 direct solder arrays for the mobile. We should at least see better options for motherboard choices.

Unless things have changed, GloFo will be using Samsung's 14nm production process. Samsung's yields using the process are quite terrible (on the order of 50% last time I looked), but at least it's in active production. Hopefully the next year will see some improvement in the process and show some optimism for Zen.

Nice to see I will have some new toys soon. Looking to replace my 8350 with one of the new FX CPUs slated for 2015 until the Zen come out.

I would love to see a new AMD CPU! Though so far my FX-8320 is still working just fine.

How about AMD actually announce something instead of us having "leaks"?

What's the point in announcing it when it's nowhere close to release? Then if they DO announce something, everyone will just bitch about how somehow AMD didn't "keep their promises" or some shit like that.

Nice to see I will have some new toys soon. Looking to replace my 8350 with one of the new FX CPUs slated for 2015 until the Zen come out.

What I noticed is that 2015 is the end of the line for every socket type we know. Even the high wattage AM3+ socket is being replaced by FM3. I hope this means Summit Ridge will have models that can keep up with the FX chips of late.

Its probably just the AMD fanboy in me but I tend to believe them. We havent heard a peep out of AMD since 2013 in the desktop CPU market. I dont think its impossible for them to come out with some bad ass new CPU's in that time and while Im not confident theyll be Intel killers, they could easily be competitive and a viable alternative to Intel and introduce some much needed competition in the stagnant desktop CPU market.

What I noticed is that 2015 is the end of the line for every socket type we know. Even the high wattage AM3+ socket is being replaced by FM3. I hope this means Summit Ridge will have models that can keep up with the FX chips of late.

The Summit Ridge part is an 8 core (probably 16 thread) chip that will clearly be a descendent/rebadge of the Opteron part, just as the top-tier Performance parts from AMD have been since the introduction of the original Opteron back in 2003. I don't think they'd bother doing all of this if the chips "couldn't keep up with the Piledriver chips" from 2012.

Its probably just the AMD fanboy in me but I tend to believe them. We havent heard a peep out of AMD since 2013 in the desktop CPU market. I dont think its impossible for them to come out with some bad ass new CPU's in that time and while Im not confident theyll be Intel killers, they could easily be competitive and a viable alternative to Intel and introduce some much needed competition in the stagnant desktop CPU market.

If AMD had Mantle back then ready for shipping and DX12 would be around the 2014 corner things might have not been so bad. In general everywhere you "hear" how bad Bulldozer was and in retrospect it was not all that bad the problems with manufacturing and crippling performance under DX11 shows that AMD still has lightyears to go before they understand on each level what they should be doing to support their hardware choices.

Now that they have lost money on Bulldozer and the architecture advancements appear only on FM2+ it is kinda disheartening to see that under Mantle/DX12 Bulldozer keeps up ...

I rather suspected that AMD would transition for a single mainstream/performance socket, which would appear to be FM3 if the roadmap is accurate. They don't need more than one platform in the £70-£280 space, nor to does Intel as X99 starts from £280 and upwards.

Two things do surprise me:

1. That AMD will make performance parts without (at least some) shaders, in order to enable HSA across the range. does this mean they anticipate getting over the latency problem of HSA across PCIe to a d/gpu?

2. Zen cores for the low-power range (2.5W - 125W). Will hyperthreading be disabled on these FT4 BGA parts in order to keep TDP in check? Also, two cores... when Zens are made in quads, does this = disabled dies?

eh, the map states 2015, and the 8310e/8370 were released in september of 2014.

2015 until the platform hits EOL. Though, since I doubt they're making many more 32nm parts, it will be EOL'd when the last AM3+ chip is made (if it hasn't been made already).

To be honest I don't care what they will release as long as they finally release something. Intel is laughing it's blue ass off. Because of AMD they can in fact be monopoly on the market and trade organizations cannot sue them for creating monopoly because of tiny AMD CPU branch.

AMD find some ballZ and create competition. Otherwise Intel can sit and prolong life of unappealing architecture (there is not much difference between e.g. Nehalem and Haswell-E, few tiny details not much else). There is no pressure in moving past silicon.

To be honest I don't care what they will release as long as they finally release something. Intel is laughing it's blue ass off. Because of AMD they can in fact be monopoly on the market and trade organizations cannot sue them for creating monopoly because of tiny AMD CPU branch.

AMD find some ballZ and create competition. Otherwise Intel can sit and prolong life of unappealing architecture (there is not much difference between e.g. Nehalem and Haswell-E, few tiny details not much else). There is no pressure in moving past silicon.

ARM is pressuring Intel and soon Zen.

There is no pressure in moving past silicon.

In my opinion, I think silicon is limiting itself here relatively soon. We can only make things so small before either diminishing returns or it just becomes impossible to make the tech smaller for a realistic price.

In my opinion, I think silicon is limiting itself here relatively soon. We can only make things so small before either diminishing returns or it just becomes impossible to make the tech smaller for a realistic price.

what substrate could replace silicon though it is cheap and abundant carbon could but to make it into a crystalline structure like we would need is expensive... Sapphire might work we are getting better at manufacturing it in crystalline form. There has been great advances in carbon nano tubes and germanium transistors. they are saying 10x the speed of current silicon solutions...

Last edited:
I thought the big thing with amd was they were going to be x86 plus arm on the same die... and it was going to have some hsa interconnect.

IIRC, not on the same die in configurations other than the 'AMD Security Processor', but will utilize the same platforms. They called it 'Project Skybridge'.

Zen is the x86-64 codename/family of products, the ARMv8-based versions are codenamed K12. They'll share the same platforms/sockets, you won't see any x86 + ARM configurations outside of the security co-processors.

why AMD heat faster? I lowered the voltage to obtain a low temperature
o.png

This has nothing to do with the roadmap at all. Please start a new thread.

Last edited:
Carrizo L looks okay but when are they going to launch Carrizo?

Agreed, looking for a true Trinity replacement at this point and crossing my fingers my 3 year old Trinity laptop doesn't die before a decent Carrizo comes out.

Back