• NZXT Kraken X61

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

DejaWiz

Fully [H]
Hi [H]orde,
Need some help: I'm considering getting an AIO WC kit to ditch the massive HSF in my uATX system, and can't decide between the three listed in the poll. So far, all the reviews I've read show the 110i GT being the best for performance, the X61 comes in second, and the Nepton 280L places last amongst the trio. I feel that any of the three would work quite well, as I'd likely keep the fans on "low" for as much operational quietness as possible, and not currently OC'ing...I have pushed my 3770K up to 4.6 across all 4 cores in the past, but it becomes a blast furnace rather quickly.

Which one do you recommend, and why?

For all of those options definitively Corsair H110i GT... but if I have to recommend and vote for one it would be the Swiftech H240X you can run that thing at 100% fan speed and it will be still completely silent with the included fans.. add a third fan for semi push/pull and you will have amazing performance..

in the other hand, if your 3770K its having trouble to be cool, delid its the answer and path to go.. actually I have mine with a h100i with push/pull Noctua NF-F12 and at 4.5ghz my average gaming temp are in the ~55C range with some peaks up to 62C-65C across the cores with fans at medium speed but im in a average room temp of 29C.

I would also recommend the Swiftech H240X. It's pump is designed to allow the addition of a GPU waterblock using standard fittings. It's $20 more than the Corsair but It is just a much better built product!

I would also recommend the Swiftech H240X. It's pump is designed to allow the addition of a GPU waterblock using standard fittings. It's $20 more than the Corsair but It is just a much better built product!

It's better if flexibility is what you want, but you do need to be aware that it's essentially a custom waterloop that needs maintenance. But if you're looking for ease of installation and maintenance-free operation the Corsair is better. They're not really comparable products.

Totally just interested in zero maintenance "fire and forget" AIO kits. Out of the box and put right to use with minimal assembly. I don't need anything extreme per se, and I will definitely not be WC'ing my GPUs since the little space-heaters will be replaced hopefully by the end of the year with something a hell of lot more power efficient and cooler under load.

Thanks for the feedback thus far, everyone!

Honestly? All three of the unit you've quoted are pretty much the same radiator and a different waterblock-pump-TIM combo. They're pretty interchangeable.

I went with a Kraken X61. Mostly because I can always get a GPU bracket and repurpose it as a GPU cooler later.

It looks like, with the square waterblocks, the Coolermaster and Corsair don't allow for that.

The swiftech H240X comes factory pre-filled and sealed and its maintenance free if isn't upgraded... Swiftech Recommend a refill after a period of 3 years but nothing more than the typical blow the dust in the radiator and clean fans just as any other AIO... I think its the higher quality made AIO cooler so far.. but if you want to stick with closed loop coolers then you will not find any better than the Corsair H110i GT.

I have Swiftech H240-X from several months and put my vote on it in the "others" category.

Yeah I would take the Corsair as well. My H80 still works fine after years and Corsair offered me free mounting kits when I lost mine during a move.

My NZXT x60 on the other hand made all kind of noises after 8 months and they refused to honor the warranty. Their support is overseas reply once a week tier.

I just bought a Corsair H110 myself. The GT version was OOS (something about a recall), but the regular version was $99 free shipping. Was cheaper than the others.

I just bought a Corsair H110 myself. The GT version was OOS (something about a recall), but the regular version was $99 free shipping. Was cheaper than the others.

We've resumed shipment on H110i GT cooler, they are back on stores now ;)

I've 280L... it's quite nice. In games, my stock 4790K can't cross 60C, and usually goes at 55C (temps dropped by 4-5C when I switched CM fans to Phanteks 140SP). Fans are controlled by asus motherboard, and I can't hear them.

Thank you everyone that has replied so far - great feedback.

Please keep it coming!

I've currently got 2 Arctic Cooling 140mm PWM mounted in the top of my 350d. Anyone know how these particular fans perform with radiator duty on these AIO kits vs the stock fans?

I've currently got 2 Arctic Cooling 140mm PWM mounted in the top of my 350d. Anyone know how these particular fans perform with radiator duty on these AIO kits vs the stock fans?

I would keep the stock fans of the H110i GT.. they perform great as Case cooling with high CFM but with a high FPI radiator like most AIO is more important the static pressure.... and the SP140 are great for that job even if they are noisy due to high RPM range..

Back