largest video card ram wise you can use with old Intel G33 chipset?

YeuEmMaiMai

Extremely [H]
I got an Intel DG33BU that I am trying to use with a Radeon 7670 2GB and it does not want to display any video on this card at all... is there a video card ram limitation I am running into. Max supported ram is 8GB system and I am using 6. This board automatically remaps memory so that is not an option as you don't need it

well today I found out the answer, it appearantly chokes on 2GB cards. I installed the Radeon 7670 2GB into an i5 machine with a B85 express and it works just fine.

Are you sure it isn't a PCIe power problem? Or maybe an incompatibility problem with the BIOS or something else?

Have you tried any other 2GB cards on that particular system? Just because one model card doesn't work doesn't mean another one won't work.

450W is more than enough to power a G33, E8400, and a AMD 7670.. I am willing to bet that that entire machine does not really use more than 250W.

I do not have anymore 2GB cards but I do know that the 2GB card is working with the new machine in my sig while I am waiting for my r280 to arrive...

Back