Report: Only 20% Of U.S. Apple Watches Have Shipped

HardOCP News

[H] News
This isn't meant to be a dig at Apple, but isn't this the way it always goes when the company launches a new product?

How many buyers have actually got their hands on an Apple Watch at this point? According to U.S. online commerce market research firm, Slice Intelligence, the launch weekend saw only around a fifth (22 per cent) of U.S. buyers get a delivery from Cupertino. Or 376,000 out of a total of 1.7 million early U.S. orders.

Ahh pulling a page out of the old Nintendo marketing playbook I see. God damn amiibos!

Yeah, some people have started receiving them.

Tried it for fun, not for me.

This plays well for Apple, high demand and everything. Just not seeing enough bought to the table with smart watches for me personally but I don't even wear a dumb one.

This plays well for Apple, high demand and everything. Just not seeing enough bought to the table with smart watches for me personally but I don't even wear a dumb one.

You wont really know what you're missing until you take the plunge. I too stopped wearing watches once a cellphone became a major component of my attire. I decided to try a 1st gen LG watch on a whim after thinking it looked kinda neat in a Verizon store and havent looked back, now I'm utterly hooked on the damn things. It really does a good job satiating that need to instantly know what notification you just received without whipping your phone out all the time.

As for the Apple Watch it's a very quality device, coworker just showed his off to me. Feels just like a mini-iphone on your wrist, fluid animations, no chop, colorful screen gradients, nice halo and bloom effects, very responsive, etc. I'll still be getting an LG Urbane when it comes out though because I just love round watches and it integrates better as an Android user.

It really does a good job satiating that need to instantly know what notification you just received without whipping your phone out all the time.

And this is probably why I don't see a lot of value in smart watches because the last thing I care about is more notifications. Of course there's more to them I know and in time I'll get one just if for no other reason but to understand the tech better.

Back