Apple Watch Teardown

HardOCP News

[H] News
The gang over at iFixit have posted a teardown of the Apple Watch. We've embedded the video here for your convenience.

We need a Rated RR video showing how to disassemble the watch when all you have is a .50 caliber rifle and ammo.

They honestly expected to be able to carry out board level repairs on this thing? LOL there is no consumer phone etc these days let alone a tiny watch. Miniaturisation people.

"Could bring wearable technology to the main stream!"

What? Huh? o_O Apple was over a year late to the game on this one. Yea people will buy it, because well, it's Apple. Although, if any other manufacturer released that exact same device, it would probably be a flop. There is absolutely nothing impressive about it. 205 mAh battery? 18 hours? Yea I don't think so. The fanbois will have to carry around a battery pack to keep the thing charged.

DeQkWTg.jpg

I loved this from the article quote:

With this first photo, we take a moment to compare the internals of the Apple Watch with that of a classic mechanical watch as old as time itself.

People who are attracted to Apple products in the first place are generally the "low information" crowd of the tech world, but that particular quote is breathtaking in its ignorance. Transistorized watches have been in the mainstream for 30 years at least. They are neither new or novel. Yet, these people present the Apple watch as though it is the very first transistorized watch they've ever seen! "Classic mechanical watch as old as time itself"...indeed. What utter rubbish...;) 150 years ago they called them "pocket watches" because they were far too big to fit on the wrist, and they sat in a vest pocket, usually, attached to a jeweler's chain to keep the owner from leaving the watch behind. Go back even further in time and the "watches" were as big as Stonehenge.

As an aside...this thing is even cheesier than I thought..."all plastic band"...indeed...;) Next thing you know they'll hire Ricardo Montalban Jr. to do commercials about it, where he'll talk about the "soft Corinthian plastics"....Ah, you can't make this stuff up! Priceless.

No more video reviews for me.

I agree, I don't know how they gave that such a high score. Time will tell (if these things are successful) what the most likely repairs are but if you can't get to it all I can't see that being a good rating and if most fixes are two the areas we can't do, then getting to the rest is for not.

Back