Facebook Has Mixed Earnings For Q1

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like Facebook is going to have to come up with more ways to sell your personal info for money.

The Menlo Park, Calif.-headquartered company reported first quarter income of $512 million, down by 20 percent year-over-year, or 18 cents per share (statement). Non-GAAP earnings were 42 cents per share. Revenue landed in at of $3.54 billion, up more than 40 percent on the year-ago quarter. Wall Street was looking for earnings of 40 cents per share on revenue of $3.56 billion.

I use Facebook...and I despise it. I want to kill my account but what few friends I have that I actually interact with personally would be disappointed. I want Facebook to die. What to do...

The grew their revenue by ONLY 40%. They should feel ashamed of themselves. Only about a billion people use their site daily, once they get to half the world's population then I will be satisfied.

The grew their revenue by ONLY 40%. They should feel ashamed of themselves. Only about a billion people use their site daily, once they get to half the world's population then I will be satisfied.

that last half of the world's population isnt concerned about facebook.

they are concerned about where they are going to get clean water and food.

the trick for facebook is how they figure out that those people arent interested in networking like we are, and how facebook is going to improve their lives from that perspective.

Free sponsored food, water, electricity, and electronics for using Facebook?

Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Spotify etc - not many of the online "things" have been very profitable. I suppose Amazon is supposed to eventually make money after finally having driven out much of the competition but its all still a mirage. I clicked on a Facebook ad exactly once and all I got was a page asking for my email before continuing. I was like "yeah right" and that was that. The B&Ms are closing while the hacking/exploit vulnerabilities are blowing up huge. Hard not to see a teary end for all these vague web things

I use Facebook...and I despise it. I want to kill my account but what few friends I have that I actually interact with personally would be disappointed. I want Facebook to die. What to do...

It seems like you're letting your thoughts about how your friends would feel about what you do make your decision for you. As for what to do about it, I know what most adults would loudly proclaim they would do (with it being pretty debatable on whether or not they'd actually follow through with it or continue to do what they think their friends would want them to do under the threat of being disappointed or ending friendships).

Facebook is handy. There, I said it. I use it to post concert dates for my band, and it does help bring them in to the shows.

Back