GTA V Is NOT A Gaming Evolved Title

HardOCP News

[H] News
It would seem that there was some sort of mix up last week when we were told by AMD that Grand Theft Auto V was the latest edition to the Gaming Evolved family. AMD's PR team has reached out to us to let us know that this is not the case and that, while the game has Gaming Evolved features, it is not an official Gaming Evolved title.

Did some quick googling, but came up blank.

What is "Gaming Evolved" anyway? I always thought it was just a sponsored logo they slapped on game splash screens.

Does it ahve more significance than that?

Awkward. Like a guy telling his friends he's dating this girl, and she tells her friends they're "just friends". ;)

if it's a major AAA game, chances are that it'll be an Nvidia sponsored game

Zarathustra[H];1041558344 said:

What is "Gaming Evolved" anyway? I always thought it was just a sponsored logo they slapped on game splash screens.

I read from a trustworthy, unnamed industry insider source on the blog I pretend to write that Gaming Evolved is all about promoting genetic mutations in gamers through higher than normal doses of electromagnetic radiation that causes them to grow stuff like an extra hand on their forehead or an eleventh toe that they have to get removed outside of Vault City. *shrug* It's harmless so keep buying AMD products and don't worry about it.

Can AMD even write a check these days?

DepCbyf.jpg

Did AMD's PR team also communicate this to themselves?
http://www.amd.com/en-us/markets/game/featured/all-games

Zarathustra[H];1041558344 said:

It's AMDs analogue to Nvidia's "The Way It's Meant to be Played." Basically its marketing/branding initiative aimed at promoting both customer (gamer) and developer relations and increasing brand identity.

I thought this had to do with that raptr app AMD has. After reading a couple of threads, I guess it's not.

I thought that meant it was one of the available free games with a new card...anyway, not so important now.

if it's a major AAA game, chances are that it'll be an Nvidia sponsored game

Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Battlefield Hardline, Dragon Age 3, Civilization Beyond Earth, Star Citizen (indie but high profile). I'd say they have some AAA games as well.

Back