AMD CEO: Windows 10 To Debut In Late July

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently AMD's CEO, during a conference call on Q1 earnings, let it slip that Windows 10 will launch at the end of July.

What we also are factoring in is, you know, with the Windows 10 launch at the end of July, we are watching sort of the impact of that on the back-to-school season, and expect that it might have a bit of a delay to the normal back-to-school season inventory build-up.

Looking forward to this.

Should mean we get some more meat in 2 about a week from BUILD

Looking forward to this.

Should mean we get some more meat in 2 about a week from BUILD

Next week should be pretty big. A feature complete version of Windows 10 along with developer tools and docs and there's even rumors of the Surface Pro 4 being launched during Build.

Looks like they would have fixed 1-2 out of my 5 complaints with Win 8.1. So I'll continue to use Win 7 for a while longer then. As I figured, since the first public builds came out I knew they were not going to change direction on anything major. All they did was change the visuals a bit.

Hmmm so let's see...comes out end of July (maybe). Give it two months to settle...then order in a new SSD for my new Win10 build, wait for enthusiasm to strike and build it.

Okay Windows10 around mind October for me.

Looks like they would have fixed 1-2 out of my 5 complaints with Win 8.1. So I'll continue to use Win 7 for a while longer then. As I figured, since the first public builds came out I knew they were not going to change direction on anything major. All they did was change the visuals a bit.

I'll be updating from W7 to W10 because it's free, DX 12, & better multi threading than W7

did you take the wrong pills again? :)

It's mix and match day in the medicine cabinet so "wrong" isn't even possible today. ;)

Zing!

I hope the feature complete build fares better than 10049, which was much less stable than, say, 9926 or 10041. As it stands now, what we have to play with thus far doesn't feel fully baked yet. Here's hoping RTM is.

Bring it!

The sane part of me says to wait 6 months at least or for a SP.... but dammit I'm ready. Been playing with the tech demo and so far so good, even fairly stable on a random laptop.

How the hell is Windows 10 coming out already. It better not blow my PC up.

I wonder if that breaks any NDA's he might of signed.

I wasn't allowed to say when due to NDA until it was public knowledge (we found out last week). So, unless MSFT has let it be known publicly, NDA was probably violated.

Not that it matters. It's AMD. Nothing will happen.

A lot of cramming to do before July. But, they will do it. There's a reason coffee is big in the Seattle area. Cramming for OS releases!

So much for Microsoft actually trying to re-invent the Windows experience. This one is going to be a real mess of inconsistent UI, which looks dated already.

Pretty sad considering this is not a new OS, again...

Back