The Woz, Stan Lee to Launch Silicon Valley Comic Con in 2016

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Steve Wozniak and Stan Lee together putting on a Comic Con in Silicon Valley; does it get any better that this? Just having these two icons working together and the celebrities that their names will draw to the convention will probably make this event a sold out affair in very short order.

Sure why not, just let me know when, so I can make sure to completely avoid anywhere close to that area on that weekend.

San Diego Comic-Con is bad enough, i cant imagine the prices for hotels and everything else in Silicon Valley.

Maybe I would enjoy Lee more if he didnt have Todd McFarlane as his Smithers is to Mr. Burns. Todd has some vodoo doll poking his motor mouth.

There's literally no point in having these kinds of conventions.

Isn't Stan Lee that old guy who they keep putting in those silly super hero movies as like a minor character? It makes sense that he'd wanna make his own comic strip with Woz if he's some kinda fan, but I don't see why anyone would want to write stuff about Silicon Valley.

Other than having a large population of nerds who are local, what would be the benefit of a comic convention in Silicon Valley ... wouldn't it make more sense to have a gaming/tech convention there (similar to Quake Con or Blizzcon) ... given the companies who are based there they could field quite a group of participants in a tech convention ... a comic convention would seem to be better suited for LA (given the big Hollywood focus on comics these days)

There's literally no point in having these kinds of conventions.

I don't know. One of my coworkers likes to dress up as squirrel girl and she has pictures taken with fans. One of her friends has a comic he's trying to sell.

Isn't Stan Lee that old guy who they keep putting in those silly super hero movies as like a minor character? It makes sense that he'd wanna make his own comic strip with Woz if he's some kinda fan, but I don't see why anyone would want to write stuff about Silicon Valley.

Stan Lee is that guy. He's one of the most prolific figures in all of the comic book industry. He not only created several well known comic book characters but he's worked on a number of comic books for both Marvel Comics and DC Comics.

Stan Lee is that guy. He's one of the most prolific figures in all of the comic book industry. He not only created several well known comic book characters but he's worked on a number of comic books for both Marvel Comics and DC Comics.

Meh, this is the first I'm hearing about him. Then again, I never had any interest in comic books because the plots were thin and the outfits were pretty absurd. I did watch a few movies to humor someone who was really into them though. It does explain why he's a big deal. Thanks.

Back