Halo: Spartan Strike Now Available on PC

Really? It looks like a fun game and all, but why can't they just port over Halo 3 and Halo 4 already?

^ this

Hard to believe Halo 3 came out almost a decade ago and we still don't have it on PC.

Really? It looks like a fun game and all, but why can't they just port over Halo 3 and Halo 4 already?
They're worried it would cut into Xbox sales. Isn't it great having a company that makes a console also in charge of your gaming OS for PC?

This is actually a very good top down shooter if you like those sort of games that has nice touch controls.

If streaming your Xbox to PC actually works, they won't need to port it, plus you'll have access to every other title. I enjoyed Spartan Assault on my Surface and can't wait to start playing this latest installment.

^ this

Hard to believe Halo 3 came out almost a decade ago and we still don't have it on PC.

Not so fast. Halo was ported OK minus the poor performance on the hardware at the time. That version of the game got enough special attention to make it a worth while play though on the PC. It was pretty much the definitive experience until the XBOX 360 re-mastered version of the game. Halo 2 on the PC was a horrible piece of shit infested with the Games for Windows Live. That's basically the herpes of the DRM world. The controls were horrible and they did nothing for the graphics or textures. You had year plus old regular XBOX textures and horrible GFWL bullshit to deal with. Honestly, I could barely make it work and it wasn't worth the headaches.

If the port is going to be a straight rip of the console version without higher resolution textures and proper menu / control tuning they can keep it. In other words, they need to do it right or not do it at all. They seem to have chosen the latter.

If streaming your Xbox to PC actually works, they won't need to port it, plus you'll have access to every other title. I enjoyed Spartan Assault on my Surface and can't wait to start playing this latest installment.

If I own a PC why would I want to buy an xbox, and if I wanted to buy an xbox I could just play the game now, it doesn't make sense....

Interesting game, will have to give it a run through.

I too find it interesting that Halo 3 and 4 are not yet ported. I wonder if it has anything to do with the lingering licensing issues MS is having with Bungie? or they probably don't think they'd make enough in sales to justify the porting costs. Played both a few times already and I still have my 360 but I wouldn't mind playing it on a keyboard+mouse set up either.

Not so fast. Halo was ported OK minus the poor performance on the hardware at the time. That version of the game got enough special attention to make it a worth while play though on the PC.

I loved it when it came out, and the Custom Edition that allowed some decent modding was awesome, but that was the first time I realized how big of a douchenozzle Randy Pitchford is towards the gaming community. My then AMD 3200+/1GB RAM/9800 Pro had plenty of issues at 1024x768 at the time, well above the specs. If they ever do bring Halo back to the PC I hope they don't botch it performance-wise like they did Halo CE. It didn't perform better until I replaced the 9700 Pro with an nVidia 6800, which ran Doom 3, BF2, and FEAR better than it ran Halo for me.

Yet all those hours in Blood Gulch....so much fun!

My PC doesn't need a leech to play games. It also doesn't need a monthly fee either.
Digital-Storm.jpg

+

93764cb0-0ab4-4400-8539-fbd37958d1de.png

+

Xbox-live-update.png

=

halo_spartan_assault-t2.jpg

Yea no thanks. Just looks like a League of Legends clone anyway. Not even a real Halo game.

If I own a PC why would I want to buy an xbox, and if I wanted to buy an xbox I could just play the game now, it doesn't make sense....
Well sure it does. They don't want you playing on PC, they want you playing on Xbox, so this is Microsoft's idea of a compromise for PC gamers.

They're worried it would cut into Xbox sales. Isn't it great having a company that makes a console also in charge of your gaming OS for PC?

But but but Phil Spencer just said they "really care about PC gamers now with Windows 10, really really!"

I loved it when it came out, and the Custom Edition that allowed some decent modding was awesome, but that was the first time I realized how big of a douchenozzle Randy Pitchford is towards the gaming community. My then AMD 3200+/1GB RAM/9800 Pro had plenty of issues at 1024x768 at the time, well above the specs. If they ever do bring Halo back to the PC I hope they don't botch it performance-wise like they did Halo CE. It didn't perform better until I replaced the 9700 Pro with an nVidia 6800, which ran Doom 3, BF2, and FEAR better than it ran Halo for me.

Yet all those hours in Blood Gulch....so much fun!

I remember this too, there was a lot of nasty shit said by Randy the fucktard towards the gaming community. I purchased borderlands as the only game made by gearbox after that.

I enjoyed Spartan Assault on my Surface and can't wait to start playing this latest installment.

I have spent more time playing Spartan Assault than all other touch action games I've tried combined. I've tried with a keyboard/mouse and controller and touch was the most enjoyable way to play this game for me. They've improved the touch control a bit in Strike.

I wish they'd fix Halo 2 to allow split-screen multiplayer (like on xbox......) instead of make more franchise titles.. I guess they gave up right there and didn't bother with 3.

Why not have both? I have multiple gaming PCs, a couple of laptops, a 360 and a One that get daily usage.

Never understood the whole either/or. Diversity man, it's not just for SJWs anymore.

Why not have both? I have multiple gaming PCs, a couple of laptops, a 360 and a One that get daily usage.

Never understood the whole either/or. Diversity man, it's not just for SJWs anymore.

There are a ton of reasons. First the major argument for consoles is saving money right? So then why would I want to waste money buying both? Not everyone is dripping with money and we have to make the best use of the money we have within reason. Any person who has experienced it should know that putting that extra $400 for a console into a sound system for your entertainment center is a massively better use of the money. And buying a PC which can do everything is a smarter use of money than pouring money into a bunch of limited use appliances like consoles. Second simplicity and clean systems. Most people don't want a rats nest pile of junk they have to service and replace, and keep up to date on. If you simply extend your argument further you realize how ridiculous it gets. How about I have a Xbox one, xbox 360, a PS4, a PS3, A PS2, a Nintendo wii U, a sega genesis, a game boy a destop top, a laptop a mac, a PC and iphone, and andoird phone and the millions of wires and switches I need to get them all connected to displays and so on, suddenly I am completely overloaded with trash in my house all because there is one stupid game I want to play on each one of those systems. but diversity is better right? Sorry I will play on a single most diverse platform out there a PC which has no hardware limitations that inhibit any game studio from doing anything they want on it. Not everyone is made of money bags and has the luxury of buying anything and everything they want when ever they want. And all of that gets even more ridiculous when you start suggesting I buy a console and a PC so I can stream from my console to my PC lol. hey why don't I buy a Truck and a car and pull my car around with my truck. You know because some idiot says I can only drive my car on a certain bridge I need to get to but I still need to haul stuff on the way with my truck. How about the idiot just lets me drive my truck where I want to.

Look at it simply purchasing an xbox just to play halo is paying $500 for a single game, when you put it in perspective like that people would think you are crazy. That is what MS wishes you will do and then after you have done that you will feel obligated to buy other products so you don't feel like so much shit for spending so much money on a single game.

MS can easily make and port any game to the PC, choosing not to do it is bogus shit and proves they don't care about windows gaming and never have. I will not be coerced into buying their under powered 1 trick pony console because of it. If a game studio wants my money its not difficult deliver the game to the universal computing platform, a PC, and do it on windows or Linux.

Back