Drunk Roommates Stab Each Other in iPhone vs Android Fight

I don't know what to say.

Is it a religion if you are willing to kill over it, even if the name of your God is Linus or Steve?

People have always had some intense fanatical connections to their technology devices ... in the 90's after the B-step Pentium flaw Intel started monitoring internet message boards and publishing summaries of any notable discussions ... they referred to the debates/arguments between the AMD/Intel/Apple crowd (Apple didn't use either AMD or Intel back then) as the "religious wars"

We have just moved those debates into new technologies now and a few really get into the whole fanatic thing ... whether it is an Apple vs Android vs MS debate or a Windows vs Linux or PS4 vs XBox or Samsung vs Apple or or NVidia vs AMD or any other tech debate some people feel the need to define themselves (or others) simply by their choice of tech (and arguments against your definition of self become much more heated much more quickly) ... it is sad but predictable (look how heated some of the debates here get and we are not in the same room) :eek:

Guess that's why I'm a Windows Phone guy. No one is going to stab anyone over it.

Guess that's why I'm a Windows Phone guy. No one is going to stab anyone over it.

We are all just too sorry for the Windows Phone owners ... it is like kicking a mangy starving dog ... attacking the stronger iPhone and Android owners is more fulfilling :p

Seriously though, I am not my phone, it is a device (a very useful device sometimes) but nothing more ... I actually feel a little sorry for people that have so little sense of self that their possessions and tools start to define their entire sense of being :(

I don't know, those iPhone types can get pretty stabby. Go stand next to one in the airport sometime and whip out your phone and start messing with it, they get all uncomfortable real fast. The only reason I suggest the airport is chances are they won't have a knife on em :p

Although the brands have changed I always thought the old C-section comic did a good job highlighting the fight between phone users ... http://www.csectioncomics.com/2010/11/iphone-vs-android-vs-blackberry.html

2010-11-03-iphone-vs-android-vs-blackberry.jpg

We are all just too sorry for the Windows Phone owners ... it is like kicking a mangy starving dog ... attacking the stronger iPhone and Android owners is more fulfilling :p

Seriously though, I am not my phone, it is a device (a very useful device sometimes) but nothing more ... I actually feel a little sorry for people that have so little sense of self that their possessions and tools start to define their entire sense of being :(

I laughed so hard at this.

I agree with that though, I'm not my phone. I prefer Android for my phone because at present as an IT professional it offers me more of the features I want. I prefer iPhones for my parents because they have simpler needs and Apple gets to support them, not me. I like the general idea of what Window's phones bring to the market, but at present they haven't brought a handset to the market that I like enough yet to switch app ecosystems. I don't have any particular bias against them, it is just if I am going to reset everything I do, then the handset better be pretty damn impressive.

On that note I think that may be a very true statement for many users when it comes to smart phone choice. Once you are into a particular app store eco system, it becomes less and less desirable to switch without very good reason. Hardware only goes so far.

Because there are no details anywhere to be found, I'm gonna assume there was some underlying sexual tension between the two and they stabbed each other with something much softer than pieces of glass.

I don't know what to say.

Is it a religion if you are willing to kill over it, even if the name of your God is Linus or Steve?

Yes. People will always find something to deify. Fanaticism is fanaticism, no matter what form it takes.

Because there are no details anywhere to be found, I'm gonna assume there was some underlying sexual tension between the two and they stabbed each other with something much softer than pieces of glass.

That brings up the whole "which one is pitching, which one is catching" argument.

On that note I think that may be a very true statement for many users when it comes to smart phone choice. Once you are into a particular app store eco system, it becomes less and less desirable to switch without very good reason. Hardware only goes so far.

+1 these days... its the ecosystem and apps available. Hardware is more even then ever now a days.

Though the one portion of hardware I think could still be a factor is camera. I got the GF an HTC One (m7). It was supposed to have a good low light camera and pretty good everything else camera but the next upgrade she wants to go with an iphone because her sisters iphone 5 takes better point and shoot shots in most situations.

Don't know if the newer phones/android software have caught up, but though I pretty much hate apple gotta give them credit, they put the polish on the right stuff in most cases where as android can do as well but you gotta know a lot more about what you are doing.

Back